Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks,

Shine 'em, mount up and ride them down!

The voting is over and we've settled on Sunday, June 12, 2005 as the date for the first gathering. Start time is 9:00 AM until whenever!

This will be held at my house in the central/shore area of New Jersey (Monmouth county). Hopefully this will be one of many organized get togethers in the tri-state (And greater welcome) area for folks to get together and have a good time and also plan/partake in group rides.

I'll supply the food and drinks (standard BBQ fare) and only ask that i get a head count so i can plan/buy supplies accordingly so please post that you are coming if you plan on it. I'll certainly have extra so don't worry too much if last minute plans change. We'll be cooking all throughout the day (12:00 noon till evening) so don't worry if your "fashionably late".

I have hand tools, air tools, power tools and such for most any job folks want to tackle. Please make sure you have everything you need for any job you want to do and the expertise to do it or arrange with someone else who is experienced and wants to help out. My garage is decent sized (2+) and i have an EZ-UP tent if the weather turns.

Click below for map/direx to my house:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_res...=&qty=

You can use the Driving Directions: <u>To This Location</u> link to map out a route here. No matter where you are coming from though, here is the easiest way to navigate through my town to get to the house (i noticed the map sortware likes to snake through too many side streets).

General directions for most people:
- GSP local lanes to exit #117 (rt 36 East toward Hazlet/Keyport).
- On Rt 36, go about 5 miles.
- At light, take jughandle to turn left onto Main St into Keansburg.
- Go through 2 lights and make a left onto Francis Pl (one way street), immediately after the fire house.
- Make the next right onto Lincoln Ct and my house (White dutch colonial) is the 2nd on the right.
- Pull down the driveway (bikes only) and line them up diagonally or park your cage on the street if you had no choice and brung it.

My cell for anyone who needs extra info/gets lost is (732) 687-2099.

See everyone there,
Jon.

P.S. If anyone has an extra RC51 toolkit and they would like to unload it, i'd be much obliged (mine is gone)!

Modified by jonf at 11:43 AM 6/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: NJ Meet, Greet, BBQ, Ride, Garage Days (June 2005 Edition) *Official* (jonf)

Was the question answered about the availability of lodging?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cdrchode,
I'm relatively new to the area so i really can't vouch for nor recommend anything in the vicinity. That being said, you can find lodging through the Yahoo maps link i gave above. I just checked and It will map out and give the location for various common Hotel chains (Holiday, HoJo, etc). Also, since we'll be starting early in the AM and probably going until well in the evening, you can always arrive at your leisure.

Jon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yer damn right Im in !
Jonf: Anything off the top of yer head that I should bring ? Hmmmm will 3 cases of Corona fit in my backpack, and the bikes trunk?

JR: What time are we heading out ? Secondly, dont forget those PAIR covers you mentioned on Sunday !

OOO OOOO...almost forgot ! Could anyone experienced wsith it, whip up a Soft Rev Limiter Removal kit? I will pay ya ! Ive read the ROGUE description 3 times, and im not sure what kinda of terminal Im gonna need for the ECM pin. Looked at a lil selection @ Radio Shack, but none looked right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (speedracerrc51)

Not to hijack your thread but...been looking at some maps and was wondering how far it is for you Jersey ( and Mid-Atlantic ) guys to get to a place called the " Delaware Water Gap Natl. Park " on the PA/NJ border .

Might be do-able for a ' get-together ' later this summer...Anyone familiar with it ? Or , possibly the Catskills...?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (old timer)

old timer that sound godd water gap /pa not that far.....i'm in for the big east coast get together!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (speedracerrc51)

Count me in for the meet...even though I will be in wildwood that weekend....I don't see why I wouldn't be able to stop in on my way up...especially if I can get the flapper and pair mod done. I'll see you guys there...plus I'll have tons of beer and liquor left over from that weekend anyway so you guys can enjoy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
of course....getting hammered and riding home is allways a good time.

and im game for the PA/NJ water gap ride. just say when and where.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in plus two of my buddies from Jersey City!!
Both of them have track only RC51's so they'll be coming on their '05 gixxers.. Hope it's ok. Mike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (supersuby39)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by supersuby39 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Count me in for the meet...even though I will be in wildwood that weekend....I don't see why I wouldn't be able to stop in on my way up...especially if I can get the flapper and pair mod done. I'll see you guys there...plus I'll have tons of beer and liquor left over from that weekend anyway so you guys can enjoy it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You better be there. It was your post in technical that precipitated this event!

BTW, how do you plan on bringing all that booze down on your bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (jonf)

well i won't be going down by myself....a few friends will be with me and they have cars so that's how its going to be transported. I have the number so I will call when I'm stoppin through....I have to sign out of the hotel by 10Am so I might sign out earlier just to get there in the morning for the mods to get done. I'll let you guys know... and if I miss it this time....I'll definitly come to next...no questions asked...my money is payed for already for the weekend so I can't back out...I will show up god willingly..i will try my hardest. I was hoping we would choose this weekend....but majority rules.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Supersuby,
No sweat bro, sound like you have everything in order and planned to a Tee. See you there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (1sicmofo)

Hey ur schwinn is on two wheels so I'm sure you will be welcome.....I'm not sure though if you might be able to keep up with us when we go out riding though....just a thought.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts