Speedzilla Forums banner

Nitrogen and tires.

3K views 32 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Are we going to see nitrogen used in tires soon? I know it has been around for a while in other industries and I heard it is coming for public use in cars.

Is this going to be good for motorcycles or are there drawbacks. All I know about it is that the pressure won't change as tires heat up and cool down.

G
#28 ·
Re: Nitrogen and tires. (Norm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Norm »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I realize that there are technical differences, but isn't all this answering a question that really doesn't exsist? Kinda mental masterbation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

G
#30 ·
Re: (NC Rick)

My friend supplies all the air gas for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Nitrogen is used in racing because of the lack of moisture, the predictable pressure change or lack thereof, and the fact that it will not blow up trackside.

G
#31 ·
Re: Nitrogen and tires. (STRATUS749)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STRATUS749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Boom!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be HYDROGEN.

G
#32 ·
Re: Nitrogen and tires. (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All I know is that at the level I ride, I could fill the tires with the gas from my ass (if I could get 31psi) and I couldn't tell the difference.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Exactly my thoughts also.

After 1 kilo of grapes
I think I could raise [raisin] 31 psi

Modified by kell749 at 7:31 PM 6/14/2005

G
#33 ·
Re: Nitrogen and tires. (kell749)

My friend is convinced that nitrogen is the way to go for his 900ss ie road bike. Personally i check the tyre pressures each time i go out, so i cannot see it would make much difference for road use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.