Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am half asleep, and I hear Nicky, Tommy, Roger. I'll see if I can stay awake to watch it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (MNwilly)

Good Lord. Rossi speaks better English!
Still, I love that Leno is giving the sport exposure. He kept saying how it's better than any car racing.

The Hayden Brothers are pretty cool. Tommy: The quiet one. Roger seems to be very cool. Nicky is the playboy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (Rocket51)

Saw the show and I will give Leno a
. I agree w/ Rocket51's comments. He did say several times how great MC racing is. I'm sure Leno could have any number of Nascar guys on there, but nice to see some good exposure for some MC guys...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (dhdrider)

He's had Nicky on a couple times now. AND various other two-wheel guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (aces anugal)

I dunno... I was less than impressed. Not because of the Haydens, but maybe because the whole thing reminded me of why I don't watch TV except for motorcycle racing and Sesame Street.
First of all, suffering through the previous guest was difficult... what's her name? The chick from Almost Famous... Kate Hudson. She was an inarticulate retard. A phenomenally boring and superficial person, the kind of girl that would make me chew my arm off instead of beng stuck with her for a weekend.
I think the superficiality and stupidity of the the previous guest must have lingered with Leno... the questions he asked, and the way he framed them made me wonder if this was the same guy who collects rare and wonderful motorcycles... he conveyed almost no understanding of the sport. Enthusiasm yes. Understanding no.
Hey Leno, here's a question you could have asked.... "Nicky, I understand you just won the first motorcycle Grand Prix race in America in eleven years, your first world level win, and the first by an American in five years... tell me about that."
...instead of that dubious comment about Leno's friend ho took his had off the handlebar at 220 MPH causing a massive crash...

I suppose I felt like the Hayden brothers were presented as some sort of side show act. Maybe that's just my frustration with the world for not seeing things exactly the way I do.
Oh well. Back to my make-believe world where everyone agrees that motorcycle road racing is the best thing ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (banda)

I was a little dissapointed that they weren't able to show any GP clips. I also agree that they could have said something about him winning at Laguna. Did Roger really come from the same Dad, or did they have a milkman? It just doesn't seem like he fits in all that well. The other two have the looks, Roger didn't get 'em (sorry Roger).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (tattooskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was a little dissapointed that they weren't able to show any GP clips. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree, but it probably comes down to the fact that Dorna Sports owns all of that footage and the Tonight Show couldn't/didn't get permission. Which makes it all a little odd cause MotoGp.com had a blurb Monday about Nicky's upcoming appearance with Leno.

It was a good start for motorcycle road racing to get an American presence but I would've liked Jay Leno highlight Nicky's performance this year against the best riders in the world in the best series in the world.

Cheers,
D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (Quac)

you could almost see all 3 of them wince every time jay said '200 miles per hour!' knowing that only nicky's bike will do that, and even then only at a few tracks.

Still, the more public exposure to the sport the better, and was glad of jay's enthusiasm towards it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (tattooskickass)

See if you can name these rugrats. Hint: 3 out of 4 run AMA now. From AMASoup...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tattooskickass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did Roger really come from the same Dad, or did they have a milkman? It just doesn't seem like he fits in all that well. The other two have the looks, Roger didn't get 'em (sorry Roger).</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See if you can name these rugrats. Hint: 3 out of 4 run AMA now. From AMASoup...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let's see that would be Tommy, Nicky and Roger Hayden with Jake Zemke in the background. What'd I win?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (roadkill)

You only got 3 of the 4 correct... Even though they're the only ones I could have named myself...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (roadkill)

Actually the second from the right is not Nicky, although he kind of looks like Nicky. His name is Ryan something or other. Nicky would have been about 9 years old in that photo. I like the "Sally Jessy" look (as Roger put it) look that Tommy is sporting. Nicky snapped the picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually the second from the right is not Nicky</TD></TR></TABLE>
Is it the kid who played the banjo in Deliverance?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (Xfirebladeowner)

Zemke? he looks like the kid who played Mogly the junkle book:laugh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Nicky, Tommy, and Roger Lee, on Leno tonight. (Dezmo)

Yeah, Mowgli's got a sweet mullet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts