Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does Nicky go if he has a bad year with Ducati? I don't know the length of his contract with Ducati but seriously, does he even stay in Motogp?

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Where does Nicky go if he has a bad year with Ducati? I don't know the length of his contract with Ducati but seriously, does he even stay in Motogp?
Yeah, why not? There are 10 people slower than him and THEY get rides?:wackyEdwards has become a lapper and he still wobbles around every year. :woot:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm hoping that Rossi will light a fire under his ass and give him some motivation. Nicky has been looking really flat for a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think WSBK would be a good move, he is a world champion but wont regularly beat Lorenzo, Stoner, Rossi, Pedrosa or Spies next year (or any year)

He goes good round the Island, up there with Stoner and Bayliss to watch trackside.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
come 2012 when they change the rules in motogp to use 1000cc engines hayden will adapt quicker than most i think due to his roots. he was more successful on the 990's than the 800's and will be again on the 1k's. although i think he will also do better this year based on his progression from last season.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
The change to 1000cc, and Hayden being the last 1000cc champion, probably means another couple of years in MotoGP (2012-13). If he has a good year in 2011, I would expect that at Marlboro Ducati. If he has a bad year, satellite Honda or Ducati team on a one-year contract that will turn into two before he retires or moves to WSBK.

Love him or hate him, Hayden is still a darn good rider. I also like Spies and he is probably a better rider, but Nicky will push him for the spot of top American.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I think his contract is up and the end of this year. He will end up 6th in points, and re-sign with Ducati!:D

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I think that he would have to have an extremely bad year, combined with ducati getting some screaming deal on a better rider for them to drop him. I don't see anybody making him a better offer that could get him to drop ducati either.

Even if he has a shitty year and ducati drops him, all the factory teams, and satellite teams would have to pass him up before he went back to WSBK. Do you really think that would happen? Me thinks not. And he has no incentive to go back there. If he wants to stay in motogp, he knows that going back to WSBK would be the end of a career.

·
Registered
88 Posts
He's been in GP for seven years and had one win outside the US.I think this could be his last year on a factory machine.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
The other thing is that if Rossi wants him as a teammate, Ducati will re-sign him regardless of results (within reason). If Rossi does not want him as a teammate, he will be dropped from the factory team regardless of results.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
given his previous success on a rossi-built-bike maybe we'll see some more good from hayden.. and as long as he never beats rossi i'm sure vale will keep him as a team mate.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I seriously doubt that Rossi has anything to do with it. USA is Ducati's number one market in the world. They correctly percieve that they must feature an American rider. In that context, who else? Spies? Not likely given his current contract. Maybe in 2014. In the meantime Nicky is still an extremely popular rider and was World Champion. It's a good fit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, 3 wins in the class, not good, HOWEVER, look at Edwards, no wins in the class yet here he is year in and year out.
Personally i hope they both stick around, i find myself rooting for Nicky, and actually feeling let down when he slides back from the front to the mid field, or falls.
Spies is going to just progress, and i have a feeling Edwards will drop off the face of the earth once yamaha kicks him aside, no WSB, no AMA in his future. Not that he couldn't, he just won't.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
That would mean his stats are wrong
Not so. In order to be in GPs for 8 years, he had to have been in GPs for 7 years so his comment is in fact correct. Especially when he was in GPs for 7 years and the 8th didn't affect his cummulative win total or his win total outside the US. Regardless, even a retarded person wouldn't consider the 1 year difference between 7 and 8 years being WAY off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts