Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
cmcduc said:
Anyone know what size those 4 small button head screws are, that are holding down the retaining ring on the Nichols clutch basket? I rounded out 2 of them while taking apart my clutch .:clapper guess I might have to wait til the next work week to get them from Nichols, if I run out of options this weekend.
Thanks Craig
Call them tomorrow... They are open from 9AM to 1PM PST.

408-945-0911

·
Registered
278 Posts
gixracer said:
hey

i had to slot mine with a dremmel to use screw driver. if i remember the they are m3. i went to lowes and bought flat head screws to replace them. it sucks with those you have to thread lock them to keep them in and then they are so soft and small that the hex just strips.:mad: enjoy :rockon
Just grind the heads off and replace. Takes about 3 seconds. :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
gixracer said:
after you did that how did you get the leftover nubs out :woot: without f###ing up the basket remember you ground them out cause the heads stripped cause they were tight:confused:
Pliers... remember, the basket ring leaves plenty of meat for you to get either a set of pliers on or little vice-grips if you don't have strong hands. Why would it f-up the basket? The slotting method takes way too long.

It's really not that tough... :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.