Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With BMW offering 0.9% financing and offering to make your first five payments, this may be too good to pass up (I'd pay $230 in interest over the course of the loan!).

There is a blue one with ABS and heated grips at my dealer and they're searching for a de-contented "Boxer Prep" one. That will come without ABS or heated grips and have the lower clip ons.

I'm going to go look for some oilhead forums. Mean time, if you have thoughts about this bike, share them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Next chapter in my new bike search... R1100S (Cafe_Racer)

Heated grips? You live in LA...I know its been cold...but not that cold!

Nice bike. Maintenance should be inexpensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, hey, I've ridden my bike to work sometimes at about 5am.....trust me, I would had killed for them grips..and that bike sounds like an awesome second bike for street ridding, I might take a look at that to

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (drsus)

So the search is on for a 2004 Boxer Cup Prep or Boxer Cup Replika somewhere in SoCal or AZ.

Then we're gonna ad a Remus Race exhaust, Ohlins front and rear shocks (there's a coilover in the front) and start taking things off (like the passenger pegs and condensation canister).

I'm kind of fired up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That deal applies to 04 models only. That being said, for 04 there are only 2 models. 1. R1100s with or without ABS or 2. R 1100s Boxer cup that would be the Randy Mamollio signature bike (sorry for the typo)that bike is no longer available There is no such thing as a "Boxer prep" for 04.
My name is Eli, I work at the new Long Beach BMW Motorcycle store. I have all 04 R1100s in stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what's msrp on those?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Steep as I recall....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (AtomTan)

14,400 with ABS, Heated hand grips, and Tall windshield. Nice alternative bike. It handles well, very comfortable, Reliable like a Japanese bike, Great low end torque (70) horsepower nice (98). Here is a couple of pictures of the 05 Replika

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Wax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wax »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy a supermoto.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. I'm going to buy a BMW (didn't think I'd hear myself say that).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (evileli)

[/QUOTE]

I love those carbon fiber covers for the heads
! Not to hot about the rims not matching colors.

Not to bad of a price,,,,and will probably last longer than me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Give it serious consideration. I ride some fine sporting rides and this thing could be, if not is, the finest real world sporting bike out there. European press routinely recognizes it as such.

Yeah, maybe it would be a little hefty on the track. Personally I'd like that challenge. But take it on the road where 98% of sportbikes spend their miles and one is on a supremely balanced, torquey, characterful bike with killer looks. Spot on ergos. The suspension and handling is top shelf. No chain. Nice BMW amenities like heated grips, accessory socket. The single sided swing arm with deep dish rear wheel is mesmorizing, if not hypnotic. When I ride with others they dislike being behind for they stare at the wheel and underseat exhaust. Oh, and when we park, all the other bikes blend into the background while passersby pause at the S

1 - 14 of 14 Posts