Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys....im from singapore....just want to ask a very stupid question...what is the correct amount of engine oil which is suppose to be put into when i change the engine oil...i know the question is abit stupid but i have be wondering for quite some times already...

ps...inform me the amount in litres a i really dont know how to count the quarts thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: newbie with stupid question (RC51rider79)

I'm guessing you don't have your owners manual. No problem.

> It's 3.9L or (4.1 US qt) WITH filter change.
> 3.5L or (3.7 US qt) WITHOUT filter change.

Although I've included amount of oil "without" the filter change, it's BEST to change out the filter with every oil change. I hope I didn't confusing you.

TIP: Check the sight gauge as you add the oil with bike in up-right position. If you don't have race stand then have someone hold the bike up for you. You definitely don't want your bike to tip over while trying to read the sight gauge squatting down. I've seen it happen.

Add about 3.5 liter or until the oil reaches the full mark on the sight gauge. close the oil cap and start your bike (no blipping the throttle) let it idle for about minute to circulate the oil through the filter. Shut the engine off and let it stand for about 2 minutes to let the oil drain back into the pan. Now check the oil level and add more oil to the full mark.

BTW, no question is ever stupid. If you don't ask then you won't know

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (RC51rider79)

Boy, this is gonna come off as me being a REAL smart ass, but... how on earth did you manage all those Mods you have posted in your sig line and not know how much oil you rig held?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts