Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, just want to intorduce me.
I am a Swedish guy who just picked my first Sp-1 and I am allready lovin it.
Been doing two trackdays so far and I have learned a lot about the bike, and that brings me to my question.
I feel like the front end dont give me the feedback that I want and under hard braking
it bottoms out.
So I am going to upgrade the front ( and maybe the rear ) during the winter, and I want some feedback from you who have been going hte Racetech way, does the Gold valve and springs make any big difference.
Here in Europe Ohlins and Wilbers are often used, any comments there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Newbie question (Uffe Sp1)

hey buddy i know your new so i gonna give you a priceless advise before you get roasted around here...USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Newbie question (Uffe Sp1)

A good suspension tuner can really turn the front end around & make it extremely usable for about $430-$450 USD, but at the same time a poor tuner can re-work the forks charge you even more money & you don't get shit in return for it. So if you have a decent suspension tuner available to you then have the forks reworked as soon as possible & go from there. Your front-end feedback will improve marginally, but the overall compliance is improved tremendously... You can build confidence in knowing that the front will stay glued to the road regardless of just about anything you can throw at it!

Then again if you have the money to pay for the Ohlins forks then DO IT! They are truly better than any fork re-work & just make the ride SUPER compliant in all conditions with tons more feedback from the front end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My $.02 is the racetech valves are not worth the money. Go with the ohlins valving kit if your going to do it yourself. If you dont have much experience with suspension then it is worth it to have a pro do it. After figuring my time at $5.00 an hour I spent the same amount than if i had just sent them out. of course I learned alot this way and am glad I did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts