Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
That R1 LE is one of the best looking bikes ever. :D

The new R6 has a 17,500 RPM redline! It also is available as a killer bumble bee.

And it looks like the FZ1 is built more towards sport riding than ever.

These three bikes are awesome, I wish I had that LE right now. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re:

YZF-R1 LE - Open Class Race Bike
At Yamaha, there’s more to building a race replica than a few stickers. Introducing the exclusive limited-edition 2006 R1 LE—complete with back torque-limiting slipper clutch, Marchesini wheels, adjustable rear suspension link and Öhlins suspension developed specifically for this model—all that on top of the standard R1’s `06 upgrades. The R1 LE features Yamaha 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black paint with special trim and badging.

*43mm Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable inverted fork w/ two-way compression damping adjustment
*Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable rear shock w/hydraulic preload adjuster and two-way compression damping adjustment
*Gold Marchesini forged aluminum wheels
*Adjustable rear suspension bottom link
*Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires
*Starter button doubles as lap timer control
*50th Anniversary Yellow/Black w/ gold chain, exhaust covers and tank
emblems

Looks af if Yamaha has finally step up in a big way. I cant wait to see the R1 and R6 in person when we get them here at the shop.

·
Registered
530 Posts
East_Ky_Rockets said:
At Yamaha, there’s more to building a race replica than a few stickers.
OUCH! What a dig at Honda for the Repsol-rep!

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
I wonder if the LE will be eligible for Superstock?

The new R6 sounds like it will be a great track weapon. Wow, 17,500 redline??? I guess if you get a yellow one, it will not only look like a bumble bee, it'll sound like one, too!

Notice the "old" R6 is still for sale, and it's called the R6S. I guess it's now a "beginner bike", right? :rolleyes:

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Road Racing World just answered my question: Yes, it will be legal for Superstock.

I wasn't sure if it would meet the number requirements, but apparently it will...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I wanted to get a 2nd bike for a long time to compliment my 999.

Always had an eye on Yamahas.

Oh boy .....

The yellow/black paint scheme will look nicely in my garage next to my yellow 999.

Wonder what MSRP on those gonna be ..... can't be more than a 999 right? :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If that's all, i will prolly do it.

I was thinking they'd charge 15K+ for it, given it has full ohlins, marchesini wheels and a slipper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just guessing Scott, but have a hunch that Yamaha will have the YZF600r as their starter bike into the world of sportbikes. Though I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I like the look of the R6 more than the R1. The R1 is a beautiful bike but I think the R6 would be an absolute knockout with the right custom paint treatment.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What is with the R6's exhaust/can?

Weird. Have they been to a BMW design school or something?
Pete

1 - 20 of 36 Posts