Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sharks in your mouth.
1,262 Posts
superbike2001 said:
I say ZX6R!!!! That, to me, is this way to go for a 600cc!
Yeah, that one too :D So many cool bikes but the Daytona will probably be closer to the 996 than any since it'll be narrower at the knees (like a twin.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
hubert said:
Nice.

Now the question is: Daytona or R6?
I like it, but that Yellow R6 is gorgeous. The Triumph is nice but is generally outperformed by the big four. Is this the case in the real world or do we have biased motojournalism?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Triumph is a 675cc triple :wtf. I guess they don't plan on racing it because I think it would have a hard time finding a class to run in.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Would be nice if all the Middle Weight Class went to 650cc, or 675cc.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
SP8 said:
I wish there was a total screamer, mega development 450....that would be major fun on the street and the track...especially the track. Something like 330 pounds loaded less gas...110 front with 160 rear. They need to break out in a totally different direction...I can guarantee you that if Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki came out with a very advanced 450 cc bike that it would sell like bottled water at a track day in Alabama.

·
Registered
887 Posts
roadkill said:
I wish there was a total screamer, mega development 450....that would be major fun on the street and the track...especially the track. Something like 330 pounds loaded less gas...110 front with 160 rear. They need to break out in a totally different direction...I can guarantee you that if Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki came out with a very advanced 450 cc bike that it would sell like bottled water at a track day in Alabama.
No doubt...... That is the main reason I want the FIM to go ahead, and turn the 125, and 250 class into four stroke engines. I would love to buy a purpose built NSR, or TZ four storke racer. Like most Americans, I don't have a facination for riding 2-stroke roadrace bikes. A good formula would be 350cc to replace 125cc, and 600cc to replace 250cc. But, the FIM thinks the former 500cc class should be 700cc now instead of 990cc.:wacky So, my idea of a good formula probably won't work now. I believe they were gonna make the 250 class into a GP2 four stroke class with 500cc, to 600cc engine spec. That never happened.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
3cylinders so they can run SUpersport in WSS.. not sure about AMA..

I think it looking to japanese nothing radical but nothing unique also.. seens those lights before, seen this tail before, undertail pipe, trelis frame, nissin radials etc... they need new designers in UK! Maybe the guy who designed the Benelli tre.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Giannis said:
3cylinders so they can run SUpersport in WSS.. not sure about AMA..
The AMA has always said their supersport series was 600cc, no matter what # of cyl you run. 'Ducati, if you want to run a twin, make a 600cc one and we'll let you play.' :wacky

There are alot of people looking at the BSS and WSS rules package and seeing 4 cyl=600, 2 cyl=750. Split the difference for 3 cyl, and get 675. Now, I haven't read the rules in their entirety, but I don't think there is a provision for 3 cyl at this time. Either way, Triumph normally doesn't shoot for racer capability, they shoot for street capability. I am guardedly optimistic about this new middle weight Daytona. Now if they could only make sure their press bikes are properly prepped before giving them to the American wags :banghead

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
SP8 said:
Or better yet, how about 750cc's??? Can you imagine that? A 750cc middleweight? That would be cooooool! :rockon

I can't believe nobody's thought of that before! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
757 Posts
roadkill said:
But they won't. Not for America. Yamaha is still stinging from the disapointment that was the FZR400, Honda the CB-1(they didn't even bother with the RVF400 or CBR400RR because they would have been too expensive and not powerful enough, which is the whole reason why sub 600cc bikes don't work in America). Kawasaki didn't even try with their 400 ZXR jewel. Bringing a very advanced 450cc bike will make it more expensive than a 'pedestrian' 600SS bike. Very, very few Americans, remember bigger is better, will go for that. There arn't enough trackday addicts with that kind of up front cash to make that bike worth bringing to America. I hate to say it but Aprilia will be proving that in a couple years with the RSV450/550.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AZ Scott said:
Or better yet, how about 750cc's??? Can you imagine that? A 750cc middleweight? That would be cooooool! :rockon

I can't believe nobody's thought of that before! :rolleyes:

Dood, you are totally on to something here.

·
Registered
983 Posts
WebbDogg said:
I guess they don't plan on racing it because I think it would have a hard time finding a class to run in.
Which is terrible, because they've been dominating SuperSport for years!...er...no, wait....

Racing hasn't interested that company in a long time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts