Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2013 Daytona 675R. I don't think it needs much besides bodywork and a pipe (at least initially). I'd appreciate suggestions on what brand of bodywork. I will retain the kick stand if that makes any difference. My budget would also like to keep the stock exhaust for a while but given how hot a cat gets I doubt that's a good idea.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Can you get a Cat delete pipe and retain the stock muffler? Lots of guys have done that on other bikes.

I know it comes with Ohlins on the 675R but i would be it needs some work to get it set up for you. i'd spend money there sooner rather than later. (unless that's already been done)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be looking at spring rates. The PO was light and had lighter springs put on. I'll make sure I have the correct springs for my weight before I replace them.

Yeah, suspension is always first on my list. I'll get that done and the bodywork and maybe live with the stock pipe for a season. It isn't engine power that makes me slow.

·
Bemused
969 Posts
There was a thread on the local forum here about a 675 race bike build, I can't remember if it was a R or not, and the consensus was clear, aftermarket triples should be very high on the priorities list. But I don't think they're cheap...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a thread on the local forum here about a 675 race bike build, I can't remember if it was a R or not, and the consensus was clear, aftermarket triples should be very high on the priorities list. But I don't think they're cheap...
If you could tell me where that thread was, I'd appreciate it. No, it wasn't cheap, although I got a reasonably good deal. At 61, I'm not likely to have another track bike and I thought I'd get what I really wanted.

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
We have built a few Triumphs for the track for people. You want reduced triple clamps. As they are from the factory once you get going on them, they tend to tuck the front end. Look for a set of attack clamps for it. It's what we use on the bikes and they have adjustable offsets.

·
Bemused
969 Posts
If you could tell me where that thread was, I'd appreciate it. No, it wasn't cheap, although I got a reasonably good deal. At 61, I'm not likely to have another track bike and I thought I'd get what I really wanted.
Here's the thread, quite a bit of info. And Union is worth listening to, he works for one of (if not the most) respected suspension guys in the area.

2006 Daytona Track-day Build - Page 10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts