Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just picked up a 2001 RC51 that already has some nice mods to it. there are a few things i'm wondering about, essentially suspension setup and fuel mapping. my rpevious bike was a 2002 R6.

i just put new tires on and went with a 190/55 in the rear and would like to know about the benefits of shimming the rear shock up, 4mm?

in terms of front suspension i've heard about adding fork spacers but am not sure where to look for some and how much of a benefit they yeild.

the bike has a power commander and i'm more concerned about getting smooth throttle response, espcially when coming/going on/off throttle, suggestions on what to do or where to look?

so far the bike has been a joy to ride and it's my first vtwin.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey scycro, i also used to owned a 2002 R6, sell it off get me DRZ SM & Rc51 SP1

·
Bemused
969 Posts
the bike has a power commander and i'm more concerned about getting smooth throttle response, espcially when coming/going on/off throttle, suggestions on what to do or where to look?
Great looking bike man. Regarding smooth throttle, a custom map cannot be over emphasized! Especially if its done by a dyno guy that really knows what he's doing, takes his time to do it right.

When I got my RC it was also my first twin, and I was having a hard time with the on/off throttle stuff too. I read about this http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/53126-g2-ergonomics-throttle-modulator.html and contacted the company. They hadn't made a tube for the RC, so I sent them mine as a prototype, giving me a finished one in return. I am very happy with it, the different cam on the throttle tube DID seem to lessen the abruptness of the the throttle. :twocents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts