Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to ducati solo seat

hey guys, i just got my 1st duc. i found a 1998 748 with 26 miles on, brand new.
the one thing i dont like is the solo seat, the dealer told me that i could put pegs and a double seat on it. dose anyone have one that they would be willing to trade for a brand new solo seat, the bike is yellow, i have already found the pegs just cant find the tail in yellow, found many in red but no yellow. or a place that i could find one fairly reasonable email [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you will also need to change out the rear subframe to go from mono to bi posto

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: new to ducati solo seat (astro929)

solo rear subframes are made of aluminium and their supports does not allow passenger

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: new to ducati solo seat (alowishus)

Hence, the much coveted mono tail. ECU interchangebility issues as well with the tailframe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: new to ducati solo seat (astro929)

....no one will want to ride two-up anyway.

The bike was designed for one person.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: new to ducati solo seat (Mental998)

Mental - yes, no one really enjoys being on the back of a Duc...

But to the girlfriend/wife (as you know), it is the IDEA that they COULD, if they wanted to, or more importantly... that HE wants HER to go and has made the accomodation for her.... Screwed up logic, but it is WOMAN logic...

She also wants a 'cute' outfit that she will never wear...

Best thing I ever did was use my girlfriend's birthday as the number on my track bikes.... I have gotten more 'mileage' from that than any other mod... I also tried to buy her her very own bike (an RS 250
) besides the fact that she could sit on it, it was 'cute' (her words)... the deal ended when she found out that she would have to shift gears... damn, I was so close....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My '02 mono 748 and every other mono 748 I've seen has a steel subframe unlike mono 996, 998. Has the provision for passenger pegs too, just with plastic plugs in the holes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If thats so then I guess it just one more reason to go with the 996 if you want a mono

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sorry, i didnt say in my post, it is a bi posto
it just has the plugs in the foot peg holes. yeah its the girlfriend thing, i found 3 more red ones but no yellow ones

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (astro929)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by astro929 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> yeah its the girlfriend thing, i found 3 more red ones but no yellow ones</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would watch the reds, they tend to be firey and short tempered, the yellow ones are good speaking from experience !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts