Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thanks for your help on my last question. i had another, i went from a 929rr to the 748, i knew up front that i would be losing alot of hpower, the 748 is alot more fun to ride though. the one thing i cant handle is the john dear tractor sound, what would be a good set of slippons that have a deeper tone and dont brake the bank? and any other mods to pick it up some out side a power comander and map. thanks for the help

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: new to duc (astro929)

you can try stari's core work ..
personally i like the sound of the terms ... but then i took them apart and removed
half of the packing ...
there are plenty of options out there it'a a matter of personal taste ,,,
also try jason @ section 8
or motowheels ...
i'm sure some one else will chime in with more

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got Termi slip ons and a chip from Section 8 for a great price. (<$600) They took less than 1 hour to put on and sound great.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Leo Vince half system and my bike sounds like a offshore powerboat. Not the cheapest but MAD COOL!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: new to duc (astro929)

Personally I like Arrow, But It don't matter what your choice is on exhaust, they all give our Duc's a sexy growl.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: new to duc (Mike996)

+1 for Arrow

I have a CF half system on my 748. A bit loud, but the sound is supurb.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: new to duc (paulo57509)

I also have an Arrow (carbon fiber) on my 748. I really like it & I would buy another Arrow without question.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: new to duc (hank)

all you Ducamatics have no idea about loud until you own a tricked Rc51 with Sato Ti Banzai pipes

well then the Buick ate me int he twisties....
i'm just saying

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: new to duc (throttlehead)

I was just thinking the tractor noise might be coming from your clutch. If the guy who owned if before you intalled an aftermarket clutch cover thats carbon fiber or has got holes in it that might be where the noise is coming from. Putting a stock back one on might help. Some people like the noise like myself. Its funny a buddy of mine once described my bike as sounding like a diesel tractor.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IAN 748L i think that is what i am hearing, i have never had a dry clutch. it is a bit of noise, it has the stock cover, the guy who had it didnt do anything to it, it only had i think 26 miles on it, i put about 200 on it this past weekend. i have also seen chips for the duc, are they worth buying.?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (ducman491)

ware did you get your slippons at? that sounds like the best price i have seen. is a half system better or about the same in power and sound change?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (astro929)

How the hell does a bike that is AT LEAST 3 years old only have 26 miles?? That is disgusting! I frown upon people who buy ducs and never ride them. Nice find though!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (Cyanide41)

Pull in the clutch and see if the noise subsides and that will prove it. I am not sure if anything can be done about it or if you would even want to. The valves, dry clutch and twin thump all kind of make up the noise that is a ducati. If your clutch is making too much noise there might be something wrong. If you have any friends with a duck, you can compare how loud their bike is. All in all I wouldn't worry to much about it. You can't hear it when your riding anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (Cyanide41)

actualy the bike is 6 years old. i dont understand it either. i had the erion adition cbr 929 and it was in mint shape, i traded it in plus a 1000.00 and it was mine. i have always wanted a duc but couldnt get the money, i tell you i lost alot of hpower but man this thing is so fun to ride and i look better doing it:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the pipes at Section8Superbike. Email Jason or Jake. The sound is absolute ecstasy and with the chip it seems to have more power but I have not had it on a dyno yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts