Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Nice work Greg but Im kinda with JD on the whole dual exit thing, its a lil fugly but the originality factor kicks it up a few notches. I would had gone the single muffler route.......particularly that Akro muffler for the ZX6R.

Is that set up using the OEM header, if not which header?

And will you be offering/selling the slip-on header, if yes, how much?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes, but where will I put my lunch now that the trunk is gone? :woot:

Oh, and by the way, how much and when available???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hi
i can't even begin to give you a price, but i was 800-cans ,500-stainless piping, 500-600 labor, -chop subframe, move all electronics to side and front of bike, plus we bought a jardine system for the headers etc etc etc.
i was going to do my bike like that at first but i thuoght those can's were too expensive then i saw the arata can , but the arata does,nt flow enough air so from my trial and errors i copied the 999r full 62mm exhaust concept, but i put two custom cans on the end because we can't find one big can with dual inlets and exits, i think their sexy but everybody's got an opinion -freedom of speech-.
you can fit one pipe behind the swing arm but the other will be on the side of the swingarm , unless you go with smaller diameter piping ,thorsten did it and it seems to work for him. i think one big pipe works great and less hassle with fitment.
we have'nt dynoed yet, but it has crispy response and on the track he did'nt loose hp anywhere he was just as fast as i was on the straights and coming out of corners etc.
greg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Was that about a month from now? I was at Fontana...I believe KYA was pitted next to Polo.(GSXR)

I remember hearing a loud ass RC but it was all black...wasnt' it?

VERY WINDY that day, but dry!:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yes that was us ,polo was with kya, we had a mob of 12 bikes and that was really fun riding in a giant group playing follow the leader etc. i got cramps later on in the afternoon and had to stop riding. all in all the bike ran great at the track and we map it soon and get some numbers.
greg

·
Registered
392 Posts
Now that the drooling has ceased. Great looking system. If you did'nt have to relocate most of the bike's electronics I'd be cracking my piggy bank open.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts