Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I like it, a nice evolution on the original. It was a great bike to begin with, sounds as though they made it even better :)

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Headlights are far too high and shaped like the fairing had just been removed fom a crashed bike. The radiator covers under the frame are superfluous and inconsistent with the minimalist philosophy of the bike.

But I am biased, best looking one they did was the '95-96 Fireball Orange with the single big headlight. Second best was the bike this one replaces with the later wheels. Metallic orange again.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Even though the cylinders are all inline... have you noticed how Triumphs Triples
pull harder than your cammy hit I4??? thats due to the crank phasing which is
similar to Yamaha MotoGp cross plane crank... thats the good part... the down
side is that a 3 banger configuration conjures up expectations of a low weight
high power engine but due to it's higher reciprocating weight than a 4 cylinder
machine it has as yet to lived up the promise...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't like the headlights, looks like a couple of wall eyes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I will stick with my 2009. The headlights are too high and the wrong shape. It doesn't look like a Speed Triple to me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have never been in love with the looks of mine, but it's far better than the new one. Still, it's the best working street bike I've ever had.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Im in the "they must have beat it with the ugly stick" camp. I really liked the previous model, but not this one.

Im actually considering selling the hawk to get a used 09 Street Triple R we have at the shop.

Much better looking, too:

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I like it except for.... The ONLY thing I don't like about it IS... The same Damn thing that has been going on with MCs
like this 1 year after Buell came out with his STUBBY Shittie Arsed Tail sections!....
Next thing You know is, all of Manuf. are Copying this crap and Triumph's one time Awesome Speed Triples, are ALL coming out IMO
with the devils ugliest tail section Ever in ALL the History of Motorcycles since something like 2005!?

Thank GOD I've got a 2003... :rockon 1 of the LAST over all Cool looking Speed Triples Triumph has made! :banghead

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the underseat exhaust and now this new bug eyes wrecked this bike. Agree the 2003 is still the best. I road one of these in Seattle (Co Workers) who had all Ohlins, clip ons and a nice arrow system. Wow what a blast!

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
You have to be secure in your manhood to ride a pink Speed Triple, but it was probably my favorite color of the second-gen S3.

Love the wheels on the third-gen S3. First-gen is substantial, elegant, and just plain cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Headlights are far too high and shaped like the fairing had just been removed fom a crashed bike. The radiator covers under the frame are superfluous and inconsistent with the minimalist philosophy of the bike.

But I am biased, best looking one they did was the '95-96 Fireball Orange with the single big headlight. Second best was the bike this one replaces with the later wheels. Metallic orange again.
I've actually had two T301 (single headlight, carb Speed Triple)... though they were both Diablo Black :rolleyes:
Second one had the six-speed, full power engine from the Daytona (regular one, not Super III) which was considerably more powerful and reliable but many components had been cheaped out.
Didn't like the twin headlight design when it came out on the T509 and still don't like it but it sold quite well in Europe so who I am to argue?
The T509 could be ordered with a single headlight but they sold so few the option was dropped after a year or so.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think it looks too bad at all. Although, a small flyscreen would tie the twin headlights together quite well. I would imagine that the aftermarket or even Triumph themselves will offer one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts