Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I have been a lurking member for some time now. Well last night I am happy to say I finally picked up a 2000 RC, with 83xx miles. currently in repairable shape, needs upper fairing, headlight, and a few other minor bolt-ons needed.

Looks to be a nice winter project.

Just wanted to say hello, and look forward to finding some valuable info on the forum from you knowlegdable members.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
:clapper That's one nice stock RC, so what you going to do with it apart from ride it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have bought quite a few bikes through them, always had good luck. this is by far the nicest wrecked bike i have bought so far. besides repairing it, i want to do some suspension mods, slip-ons and get the rims powder-coated. I don't do black wheels.... probably go silver or white.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice bike, I bought my 00 from argocycles in 07...mine was a little more beat up then yours. Good luck with it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sir, located in Mass. i was surprised by the shape of it in it's current form. just goes to show how little it takes for the insurance co. to write off a bike.

anyone know where i can see pics of these bikes with white or silver wheels?

by the way, the bike came with a Corbin seat. holy crap that is comfortable!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in No. Attleboro, i am about 25 minutes from you.

i will be looking for people to ride with when i finish this. also if you have any parts, let me know.

Mike.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
best of luck with the bike, i bought my 97gsxr750 from him with a clean title, and it turned out to have an unrepairable frame after it was measured by G.M.D. Computrack NorthEast. it only had some minor scratches on the plastic, but the front was tucked so bad it couldnt be pulled out. it wasnt noticeable to the eye, but by the time i was able to take it out for a ride i noticed it wasnt handling right. brought it to gmd only to find that out.. then had to get another frame, etc... etc... it cost me more money to get that bike in order than it would have to just buy a brand new bike. i hope you have a better experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually threw a plate on it to take it around the block. besides the cracked fairing it seems all good so far. coming off of a harley earlier this year (sold), this bike just plain screws.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a lot of original parts, and Jardine slip-on system that I'm not using. Shoot me a PM and we can talk offline.

Eric

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
11/29 update. on project SP1

- Front fairing completely repaired and repainted.
- custom 2 into 1 leo vince exhaust is done (very loud)
- picking up powercoated wheels tonight.
- rear fairing is getting painted this week.
- under tail arrives tomorrow.

Still to do:
  • Sprockets and Chains
  • Power Commander
  • Tires (need to decide)
  • steering damper
pics to follow later.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks Great! :rockon
Maybe I'll see ya out there in the spring around the Providence area..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts