Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I bought a Honda Hawk off Chris "duc 748 "on this site and plan on visiting frequently.Hope to learn and share lots of Hawk info with everyone.

Modified by ekim at 5:11 PM 5/30/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: New site member! (ekim)

so that is what you look like!
let me know when you get to ride it and tell me what you think! enjoy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Wow, not much action on Hawk in this site. Anyone know of a forum with archived threads on the Hawk? The HawkGT mailing list is cool ,but it would be nice to have forum threads on the bike. Anyone know how to do the brake cable through the swingarm MOD
?

Modified by ekim at 7:05 PM 6/8/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i did it on mine,
pretty simple, just need to make sure you have enough length on the brake line, and you need a grommet of the right diameter for where the line routes to the caliper. also be careful to leave enough slack for the line to move as the swingarm moves, but make sure that the line is mounted so it doesn't rub against anything. I just cut a hole in the existing rubber plug at the swingarm pivot end to route the line through to the master cylinder. i'll take a look at it tonight and see if i can give you more detail - it's been a few years since i did it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New site member! (RCLinc)

You wouldn't happen to have a pic ,would you?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

if i have some free time, i'll try and post one tomorrow for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

hope this photo thing worked....
i remember that the steel line that i had was about an inch short, so i wound up rotating the caliper up and forward, and shortening the torque arm, though if you have a long enough line, it would have been cooler to rotate the caliper underneath the swingarm ducati style...you know what they say aboout hindsight...
i apologize for the dusty (rusty???) condition in the photos, the old girl hasn't been shown any love since that upstart RC51 hit the garage.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: New site member! (RCLinc)

Thanks RC ,I think I get it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts