Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new ride, new to me anyway. Its a 08 superduke R. Anyone know anything about them? Mostly interested in getting suspension sorted and getting the fueling spot on.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
first thing you have to do is change the throttle return springs for stiffer ones... the ktm throttles are so light and touchy they can be downright unruly for street use. i know two guys who bought and sold superduke Rs for this reason alone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
first thing you have to do is change the throttle return springs for stiffer ones... the ktm throttles are so light and touchy they can be downright unruly for street use. i know two guys who bought and sold superduke Rs for this reason alone.
It's the light flywheel. Makes for instant throttle response. Not much of an issue unless you do a lot of city riding. Doesn't take long to get used to it.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It's the light flywheel. Makes for instant throttle response. Not much of an issue unless you do a lot of city riding. Doesn't take long to get used to it.

it's more than that... trust me. i rewound the springs in my rc8r and it was like a new bike... let my buddy who had the superduke R ride the rc8 and he said he never would've sold his if he had known the fix was so simple.

i'm not denying that the bikes rev super fast, but the throttle return springs don't help matters at all.

·
Registered
409 Posts
it's more than that... trust me. i rewound the springs in my rc8r and it was like a new bike... let my buddy who had the superduke R ride the rc8 and he said he never would've sold his if he had known the fix was so simple.

i'm not denying that the bikes rev super fast, but the throttle return springs don't help matters at all.
I agree. The flywheel is just part of it. There are gains to be made in fuel and spark mapping as well.

I have no experience with the RC8. I just know that when I compare my Superduke's throttle to the other bikes I own they feel the same in terms of effort needed to open as well as degrees to full open from closed.

My superduke is the standard model. Based on your comments they must use a different spring on the R models.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest I dont get the bike till monday. So I haven't even ridden it enough to pick it apart. But I just want to get a jump start on what to look for.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I might know a few things about them.....32k miles on it so far.

order your dynojet O2 simulators now. that will rid of the lean condition at low throttle cruise. throttle spring? maybe on the RC8 but not on the superduke.

tip: if you loose more than one reservior's worth of coolant it's time to rebuild the waterpump. unless you like your oil mixed with coolant. any 'wavy' pleats on your oil filter suggests the same.

if you plan to track it get the upper triple clamp and shock extension. otherwise you can get by with pushing the forks about 3-5mm below surface of the top.

if you ride on alot of rough pavement you might consider a fork revalve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you need to push forks 'down' to get high speed stability. the stock upper is not thick enough to contact the forks. check out the link above to tri valley moto/go tag team.

the rear shock also needs to be longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.