Picked her up on Saturday. 2008 CBR1000RR: 1686 miles on the clock :wacky
At the dealer

Yes my WRX does trailer duty

Thats all I have so far....sure rides nice and the power is...well awesome

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just keep checking your oil when you start approaching 10,000 miles. A lot of guys are having problems with them burning it. But other than that I've heard it's a absolute superb bike! Congrats!
Good to know! Thanks for the tip! I will keep an eye on it.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Just keep checking your oil when you start approaching 10,000 miles. A lot of guys are having problems with them burning it. But other than that I've heard it's a absolute superb bike! Congrats!

Makes me wonder how those guys having troubles with "Oil consumtion".... How'd they run in their NEW engines...;) Did they Baby them for a hundred, 200, 500 or thousand miles or run them in hard from the get go?

I've read with todays machining and materials it is Important to run the engines in hard right from the begining... Oil change 20 miles and continue.

Which is how I broke in My RC51... 45,000+ miles on her and she doesn't use any oil!:rockon

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yeah the debate will never abate . I think the manufacturers have more at stake so their break-in procedure of varying rpm , not droning , increasing rpm gradually but not staying at redline for long is the best way .

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've had a lot of dealer people tell me that the engines are broke in at the factory! Don't know if I put a lot of merit into that! I do break my bikes in with a "gentle" ride it like its meant to be!:rockon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts