Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just bought my first RC51 and have been browsing the web for forums/info and noticed this site. Only had the bike a week having moved up from a VFR800 but am totally smitten already. The bikes an 03 Sp2 in Colin Edwards 2002 Laguna Seca colours and has only covered 1000 miles from new. Its also got a fantastic rear LED light cluster and Ginnelli road legal racing pipes (with the baffles in at the moment
).

If anyone can recommend any top mods that would improve the bike i'd be very grateful. I notice the PC3 seems to be popular but cant seem to see any maps on the web that match the stock airfilter and Ginnnelli exhausts. Also any info on other good forums or info sites would be great. I'll post pictures as soon i can get some sorted out. Oh and the prices you guys are paying over in the US for your bikes compared to here in the UK is

Cheers
Giles.:rockon

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Can't wait to see picks. When you get it mapped it will feel like a new bike and hey the 15-530 front sprocket is only 20 bucks:clapper

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hurry with the pics and welcome to the family.:clapper I paid $10,500 out the door for my bike after weeks of price shopping all the dealers in my area. They hate me, but I'm paying the monthly bill. ;)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Newbe

Welcome friend, here you'll find out basically everything you need to know about getting the most out of your new toy. (ie. you can learn from OUR mistakes!) Just remember the only dumb question is the one not asked (or the one that is available in the "search" archives!):rockon
Cheerio,
-Rocky-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys,

Bought the bike sight unseen off ebay which is very unlike me but seemed to be too good a deal to be true, and so far actually has been rather than the normal let down. I've attached some of the pics from the ebay advert so hopefully they will come out ok. I have the standard exhausts and undertray etc but like the way it looks now. Usually go for standard colour scheme but this one was just too stunning to turn down. With 1000 mile sits also as new and never seen a track
yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
What are those amber things stickin' way out of the front:) sweet bike:clapper

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey I have those same gianelli pipes without the baffles in. They are made by arrow. So I am thinking the map should be the same. Goto the dynojet site and just look at the arrow maps. Should work for ya.:rockon :rockon

·
Registered
93 Posts
That stars and stripes paint scheme has always been a favorite of mine. That's smokin hot man!

You are going to love the bike. It's a joy to ride on the track but being a bit on the heavy side a session will leave you sweating, breathing hard, and delirious with joy. And with that paint job you're going to get lots of attention. Just beautiful.

Welcome,
Mike

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Oooraaaah!

Very cool bike mate! One of the "classic" RC paint schemes. Do you get razzed for the "Yank" colors on your side-o-the pond?
-Rocky-

·
Registered
983 Posts
Outstanding! :rockon

A 15 tooth front sprocket wakes the bike up more than any other mod (It's geared really tall out of the box).

The easiest, cheapest mod is to cut the vacuum hose leading to the flapper valve, and plug it with a big metal screw. This keeps your flapper valve open and virtually eliminates the flat spot in the middle of the power band.

Two very easy mods that have a big impact. It's all on RC51.org :clapper

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Guys,

I'll look into all the suggestions. Had no idea that Arrow made the Ginnnelli cans so will look into that aswell:clapper . Flapper mod seems like a good idea, will join the RC51.org also to look into all the tech details. The paintjob has raised a couple of eyebrows but only for the right reasons, beleive it or not most people dont seem to realise its the stars and stripes until you point it out to them. My girlfriends only comment apart from 'dont kill yourself on it' was that she prefered the all red VFR:wtf , so thats one less birthday present she can expect

Presumably the PC3 and correct map will help to eliminate the low speed 'surging' on a part open/closed throttle. Never been on a track as yet and paranoid that i might 'bin it' but think i'll need to, to get anywhere near the limit of this bike.

Thanks again for the kind words and advice!:notworthy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts