Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
drthompson65 said:

more of the same, just more off the shelf leftovers. i would like too see a monster with the double sided swingarm off of the 999 with a Testastretta engine from the 999s. at the very least. add some ohlins F/B, forged al rims, radial brakes. frame, seat and bars from a monster, maybe then you could call it a monster. just what i would like too see.:woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Dissenting view here. The Monster 1000S has a fantastic motor for street use. The power and also the suspension / brakes are plenty for its role in life. All it really needed was a styling update, and what they have done on that score with the S2R 1000 sits well with me. I would rather have one of these than an S4R myself. There is something to be said for the intrinsic value of the aircooled motors, for those of us beyond the "more is always better" stage in our riding careers. I'll wait till I see one in the flesh, but so far it looks to me like a bullseye.


I have my suspicions about people who claim to need radial brakes and such things for street use. And if you are going racing, why are you looking at Monsters at all?
 

·
Infrequent Visitor
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
Why consider it when the Tuono is everything the Monster should be?

Sorry about being so fiesty - I just read through a thread that has degraded into another 'carbon fiber rims are bad thread'....

Here we go again.....:p :wtf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
You might see this except it will have SSS and cast wheels. Just the rumor that nobody will confirm or deny.
oneducs said:
more of the same, just more off the shelf leftovers. i would like too see a monster with the double sided swingarm off of the 999 with a Testastretta engine from the 999s. at the very least. add some ohlins F/B, forged al rims, radial brakes. frame, seat and bars from a monster, maybe then you could call it a monster. just what i would like too see.:woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
oneducs said:
more of the same, just more off the shelf leftovers. i would like too see a monster with the double sided swingarm off of the 999 with a Testastretta engine from the 999s. at the very least. add some ohlins F/B, forged al rims, radial brakes. frame, seat and bars from a monster, maybe then you could call it a monster. just what i would like too see.:woot:
Your close...........:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
Giannis said:
how close?;)
DNA made us swear that we wouldn't unveil any of the pictures we have, describe the spec, etc untill it's released at some Italian motorcycle show.

But I have seen it..........and it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. They threw the entire catalog at it.:woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Section8superbike said:
DNA made us swear that we wouldn't unveil any of the pictures we have, describe the spec, etc untill it's released at some Italian motorcycle show.
...and the swingarm is?

a. DS
b. SS

We swear that we won't unveil to DNA any of what you tell us, describe the spec, etc untill it's released at some Italian motorcycle show.

:cool:

...now, let's see those pics :D


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
I realy wish I could tell you, if you were half as excited as I was it would be like looking into a kids face on Xmas morning!:woot:

I will hazzard a guess that you will be looking for a way to trade in the one you have. We now refer to it arround the store as the Uber-Monster. Without a total re-design this is as cool as a Monster could get. It will be like a 749R, you buy the thing, put exhaust and gearing on it and say to yourself "Damn, I can't think of any other mods to do":wacky

Bill and I were so impresssed with it we are trying to find a way (justify) of buying one of our own and keeping it/ adding it to our fleet. But I do know we are getting one for a demo and I thnk Bill ordered 5-6 of them for stock.:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
I've had the confirmation by ducati france: A testastretta S4R called "S4RS" for spring 2006.
The S4RS will be at Milan show, featuring:
999S engine
Ohlins rear and front.

14995 dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
I felt the same way; you'd like my bike. It's being featured on the Ducati Monster list very soon.:rockon

Phil

oneducs said:
more of the same, just more off the shelf leftovers. i would like too see a monster with the double sided swingarm off of the 999 with a Testastretta engine from the 999s. at the very least. add some ohlins F/B, forged al rims, radial brakes. frame, seat and bars from a monster, maybe then you could call it a monster. just what i would like too see.:woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Phil_Barone said:
I felt the same way; you'd like my bike. It's being featured on the Ducati Monster list very soon.:rockon

Phil

yes i think i would like your bike. i went a similar route with my mods to my bike that you did to yours but i did not have as fat of a wallet as you seem to have.

my bike should be up for sale soon i think.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
No, I just have more credit cards. Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
soslow said:
It would be nice if the 2006 Monsters have front mudguards that fit properly and look right. From the first Monsters up to about 1999 there was a consistent gap between the mudguard and the tyre. From then the mudguards have been a very poor fit, coming in closer to the tyre towards the rear of the mudguard. It is almost enough to stop me buying one. Someone at the factory has no eye for detail.

It reminds me of the first 1998 Monster 600 Darks, which were released with the worst paint and finish that I think I have ever seen on any bike.
Have you tried flipping the mounts over. I was having a hard time getting my fender to fit close to the front tire on my monster project and I just removed the plastic c shaped thingies that go on the fork tubes and flipped them over The fender dropps almost 3/4" and mine sits right on the tire now and I am running a 60 series front.:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
infoage1 said:
...and the swingarm is?

a. DS
b. SS

We swear that we won't unveil to DNA any of what you tell us, describe the spec, etc untill it's released at some Italian motorcycle show.

:cool:

...now, let's see those pics :D


.
I'm thinking of taking the new Monster and putting a 999R swingarm on it then doing something crazy with the exhaust. It should be almsot perfect then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Section8superbike said:
Have you tried flipping the mounts over. I was having a hard time getting my fender to fit close to the front tire on my monster project and I just removed the plastic c shaped thingies that go on the fork tubes and flipped them over The fender dropps almost 3/4" and mine sits right on the tire now and I am running a 60 series front.:rockon
You have to switch the mounts left to right after you flip them over :cool:

I've been running a 70 series like that for a couple years. I'm planning on going to a 65 series next tire change:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
Oh yeah, and I alsmot forgot. We will be selling or project monster soon to make room for another irresposible project with way too much time and money invested in it to take it's place. I am just finishing up some brake line mounting details and getting the signals working add that to a re-valve of the shock and it will be just like OEM (everything will work like a stock bike).


Any takers.....:D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top