Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Minnesota law just went into effect July 1st.. If you are caught going more than 100 mph, your driver's license will be revoked for at least six months. Fines are also doubled for violations 20mph or more over the limit... Thank you Mr Tully (Mr 205 on a RC51) and all stupid squids..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (drthompson65)

100 mph,
,,how lucky you yanks are
,in australia you do 40k over you lose it for 3 months
and on all public holidays its double demerit points and double the fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

........All this is going to do is make more of these Squid A-holes try to run!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (Ducs R 4 Quacks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducs R 4 Quacks »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">........All this is going to do is make more of these Squid A-holes try to run!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

so true

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New Minnesota law just went into effect July 1st.. If you are caught going more than 100 mph, your driver's license will be revoked for at least six months. Fines are also doubled for violations 20mph or more over the limit... Thank you Mr Tully (Mr 205 on a RC51) and all stupid squids.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You could just do what I did. Sell the duc then get a track bike and race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (Loosecannon)

Oh but DANG, this means your insurance rates will go down, right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (elkheart)

NZ is 40 km/hr over the limit and you walk home, 28 day vehicle impoundment and BIG fees to get it back as well as a BIG fine to let you know you are being told off!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
100mph in WI usually can get you a nice all expenses paid vacation in a 6X9 room with a roomie named Bubba.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Now everybody will run from the cops on a sportbike.
This state gets worse every year, maybe it's time to move to Montana.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (Latebraker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Latebraker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now everybody will run from the cops on a sportbike.
This state gets worse every year, maybe it's time to move to Montana.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why? Montana has a 75mph speed limit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (cb186)

Why are you complaining about new penalties for going over 100mph? You shouldn't be operating at those speeds on any public road. It's not like they lowered the speed limit from 65 to 55, they are just changing the penalty for something that was already illegal (and IMO utterly stupid).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
plenty of times i have looked down to see my self doing triple digets on my bike.... All of you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (superbird)

In Michigan, I got pulled on 696 by a Southfield cop for doing 100+ He let me go because I stopped for him. Just because you do 100+doesn't mean you're a squid. I never run and usually get let go because of luck or honesty.

That sux for you other guys though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hell I cruise on the I-240 loop around Memphis at 110

Weekend rides in the twisties will routinely see 130+ on the speedo & certain parts of open road between connecting roads will punch 160-170 before grabbing a handful of brake... That is just the way it is & always has been. All a matter of choosing your time & place appropriately. Hell a couple weekends ago coming back across the flats of Arkansas returning from an Ozarks trip I topped the speedo out at 185 & still kept accelerating!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Capt. Home Slice)

Just last weekend I was pulled over on Hwy 35 south out of Prescott Wisconsin (for those of you who want to get out a map..) along with a buddy of mine on a R1. We where on a downhill sweeper with left right turns and at the bottom was Wisconsin finest. I glanced down to see 110mph.. We pulled over right away and I honest have to saw I wasn't aware how fast I was going. Today's bikes are so damn smooth..The trooper actually let us go with a warning. Turns out that we where the first people she pulled over all day with full gear on (it was 95 degrees plus, 35c for you across the pound). The lady also liked Ducati's... :) Either way I agree with this but everything is different.. I've found if you stop right away and admit your where speeding usually takes the wind out of their sails..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (drthompson65)

I hope you wil not blame this on us Canadians as our big celebration day was July 1st while your's is July 4th.
Not that this makes sense & what I put down on the post makes just as much sense as whoever in your State
dreamed it up.

Well then I can see there might be a demand for 250cc bikes & once you have them a struggle to sell you
larger bikes to those in other States at whatever you can get for your present bikes. Okay so that seems
sensless, but that makes as much sense as our max speed limit roads being 110kph--65mph though so
common are those as 80kph--50mph, others of 90kph--55mph & finally 25% being at 100kph--60%. The
above came about during the big change to max speed limits in the USA of 55mph.
hot dog ones of 100kph--60mph.

If that sound stupid then I agree but it has been in effect ever since the change in the speed limit laws of 55mph
in the USA

We must have a number of Cruiser & Harley people that feel at home on the bikes clocking all of 65kph---45mph
for it is so common on a 100kph road riding at said pace.. Possibly some of your State employees are previous Cdn
citizens.

Modified by Smitty at 9:31 PM 7/19/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (cb186)

The problem is that more riders will run from the cops, which in turn will make the cops more biased against sportbike riders even the ones who stop when the lights go on. I stop every time they light me up and I've only been let go once.

Plus we know how accurate the police are when they time you from an airplane around here, what if you are riding around 85 MPH down the freeway and the cop in the plane has shitty timing abilities, he claims you were going 100 MPH and now you have to fight them in court.

I almost always ride by myself and ride within my abilities because if I crash it might be a while before someone finds me, so I'm not riding like a total lunatic. If I get pulled over I'm always polite but I get treated pretty shitty by most cops because of the type of bike I ride.

Maybe I should just sell my R1 and spend more time riding MX until the bike fad dies down. Perhaps I'll get some tires so I can ride supermoto also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superbird »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">plenty of times i have looked down to see my self doing triple digets on my bike.... All of you have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly I haven't because I have self control and respect for the laws. RESPONSIBILITY look it up sometime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: New Minnesota Law (jlo11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Either way I agree with this but everything is different.. I've found if you stop right away and admit your where speeding usually takes the wind out of their sails..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everyone on this site is always complaining about their insurance rates being so high. Well everytime one of you gets a ticket for triple digits you are giving the insurance companies ammunition. Honestly you're not any better than all the stunters and theives.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.