Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Shorai Lightweight Batteries

Unlike most other Lithium Iron batteries made from off the shelf cylindrical A123 batteries cells which were originally intended for low-rate tool applications. Shorai has created a battery like no other with PRISMATIC cells, delivering more energy faster, with less weight and with less damage to the battery per start cycle than any other brand or technology

Shorai Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery LFX09L2-BS12 $109

for 2 and 3-cylinder engines up to 600cc or 750cc 4-cylinder with original compression and stock stators.

Voltage (V):12
A/Hr PbEq:
Cranking CCA (A):135
Weight (lbs.):1.23
Max Charge (A): 9

Shorai Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery LFX14A1-BS12 $153

Stock engines 600 cc twins to 1000cc with stock stators and compression as well as Triumph 675. Also recommended for modified engines under 750cc as well.

A/Hr PbEq:14
Cranking CCA (A):210
Weight (lbs.):1.83
Max Charge (A):14

Shorai Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery LFX18L1-BS12 $186

For engines greater than 1100cc with stock stators or difficult to start highly modified 2 cylinder engines larger than 800cc or highly modified 1000cc or larger 4 cylinder engines.

A/Hr PbEq:18
Cranking CCA (A):270
Weight (lbs.):2.12
Max Charge (A):18

Shorai exclusive eXtreme-rate LFX lithium technology
Industry-leading two year warranty!

· No more dead batteries. Holds charge for one year without maintenance
· Ultra-light. One fifth the weight of lead-acid batteries on average
· Twice to four times the service life of lead-acid batteries
· Drop-in replacement for your OEM battery
· Military spec Carbon Fiber Composite Case
· Faster cranking for better starts
· Super-fast recharge rate
· SAFE - No explosive gasses during charge, no lead, no acid
· Environmentally friendly, just discharge and dispose
· Japanese engineering and components

* SHORAI battery models are bike specific. Please use the application chart on our website or Click Here to make sure the battery will fit.
Although the batteries are smaller than original, it is important to order a battery with the correct polarity so the original cables will reach the battery posts.

* Forum members: register on our website for passwords to access discounts on most non sale items on the Motowheels website. Sign up under the log-in box inthe products section. Look for Not a member?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Damn, I just replaced my battery. Only 1.83 lbs! My stock battery is like carrying around a shotput.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Shorai Lightweight Batteries

More info on these batteries.
They are significantly different construction than all the Lithium batteries that use cA123 cells.

Frequently Asked Questions

-M

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shorai Batteries

Are there any issues with cold weather starting?
Reports seem to indicate the Shorai works better in cold weather than the cylindrical cell A123 based batteries:

— from a new Shorai dealer, stress testing the LFX batteries —

I got the LFX09 battery yesterday and put it thru its paces…WOW is all I can say. I froze the battery, and repeated starts…zero issues except when frozen solid; cranked and it was sluggish,so I left the key on for 15 seconds and hit it again and she spun right up, that was with the battery at -5 degrees F!
And that was on a 12.5:1 1109 Kawasaki ZRX1100 with 20/50 oil and your LFX09 135 CCA battery, rather than the recommended LFX14! So I’m sure the LFX14 is going to be an awesome performer over the long haul for this bike size, even at very low temps.Pete Aronson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts