Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....

i'm throttlehead / eric from RC51 boards.

big splash with a 74 yr man and buick in the twisty stuff in souther ohio where we tend to migrate and tool around for 200-400 miles days.

after my recovery....i swaped RC51 to 02 998 for same cost, but to dispell standard Dic talk.

well....afterwards... my 02 998 with 6K miles and supposed service ....kills the starter with 24 miles with me in the seat

i'll try to do brushes and coil/plate...but i'm f'd for time and my little loan.

anyone have a starter i can buy and get over night...didn't think so-

i fell right into the Duc mantro of stuff...coming from honda bikes......
she is still sexy...she doesn't put out

it's divorce already i feel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's divorce already i feel</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um welcome, you didnt by chance take speech theray from Yoda, did ya? J/K

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (Ducman851)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducman851 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Um welcome, you didnt by chance take speech theray from Yoda, did ya? J/K</TD></TR></TABLE>

Perceptive , you are.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: new introduction ..sorry i waited (throttlehead)

Wow. Not a good wayt o start your day's as a Ducati owner!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (Ducman851)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducman851 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Um welcome, you didnt by chance take speech theray from Yoda, did ya? J/K</TD></TR></TABLE>

no...i took it at the same place you got your typing and spelling classes
J/K

in reality Goose and tonic and i met for a while last night
thinking of ways to not think about the dead 998

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (throttlehead)

the funniest thing Eric is you almost sound surprised at this happening

sorry for your troubles though, and if you are looking for carbon goodies let me know.

you really shoot just shoot that thing and put it out of it's misery

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: new introduction ..sorry i waited (throttlehead)

Welcome! I went from a RC51 to a Ducati 999. I wish I could have kept both bikes. My wife now calls my Duc the other woman or "My italian mistress"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: new introduction ..sorry i waited (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome! I went from a RC51 to a Ducati 999. I wish I could have kept both bikes. My wife now calls my Duc the other woman or "My italian mistress"</TD></TR></TABLE>

i woulod like to call her my italian mistress....but she won't put out

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to trivialize your problem here, but a starter doesn't really seem like an earth-shattering event. It certainly wouldn't be enough to have me considering selling the bike. You may be able to find someone around that works on starters and could actually repair it for you. Even if you can't, I would think a few hundred for a starter isn't a huge deal if you just spent thousands on the bike.

Again, sorry for your problem, but these things happen, and if you want a trouble-free bike, you might want to go back to a Honda. (and that's not supposed to be snide, but they seem to have a very good reputation for build quality.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When rebuilding my BMW I had Motorad Electric rebuild my starter, and re-wind my rotor. I know that they currently only advertise BMW stuff, but it's worth a call to them, maybe they could look at the starter.
http://www.motoelekt.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (georgeb)

i've got my guy pulling the starter motor today and he'll be looking to see if its bushes or coil/plate (or whaterver might have happened in there LOL). If is that stuff i can order the parts and rebuild....if i could find a used one I would do that also....

the dilemma isn't only that something happened after 24 miles....its the time required for me to re-title my title from out of state by my current lien holder....is already over shot now.....

have recieved some tips and help here.....in the forum.....nobody seems to have or know where a start is though......just another dilemma that takes time i don't have.....currently

1 - 12 of 12 Posts