Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
:confused: (couldn`t find the puke icon....)

oh well, they found a way to recycle the overly complex and underperforming VFR V4.......

·
Registered
460 Posts
honda "crossdresser" & we don't know who would want one

too funny, that is probably going to be the worst selling model in the history of honda

·
Registered
189 Posts
It will never end up in my garage... but I don't hate it entirely.

I wish it had more of an actual dual sport purpose. It's just a lifted VFR.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Honda's in a world of hurt.

I am one of very few motorcyclists who really liked the vtec 800 motor. I thought it was great in the VFR.

I am a committed naked bike buyer. I have owned oodles of them.

I am pretty sure I'm not going to buy a Crosstour, Crossrunner, Crossword puzzle, Cross dresser, Crossing Guard, whatever it is. And I don't know why. A sit-up naked VFR based motorcycle sounds great, and this one isn't any uglier than the last several bikes I've owned. I just can't see myself buying ANY motorcycles in the near future. Well maybe a MX bike to replace my MY'00 YZ426, but only if I start spending more time racing.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Crossdresser!! Man, what a waste of energy. Glad all I got was ads when I clicked on the pictures!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Just got back from the Milan Bike Show (report and LOTS of pictures to come later :)) and saw the thing in the flesh.
It's nothing more than a VFR800VTEC (same engine, same frame, same radiators, same swingarm) with a Hornet 600 headlight, new plastics and a bigger tank (21L).
To say dealers are unenthusiastic about having to peddle it the public would be an understatement.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Cut my wrist and it will bleed Honda red but this silly thing proves they don't know what to do with a V4...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Honda's moto division is in a tailspin 'cause the passion is gone and the accountants have taken over. They can't see the forest for the trees . Cases in point : the dual-clutch transmission is a revelation but the bike it's in is an overweight dud . And the Fury cruiser is a suprisingly bold (albeit late) stylistic move but has acres of plastic and an anemic engine instead of a fire-breathing , 1800cc drag monster mill . Of late , Big Red has settled for middle of the road . Sad .

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Honda's moto division is in a tailspin 'cause the passion is gone and the accountants have taken over. They can't see the forest for the trees . Cases in point : the dual-clutch transmission is a revelation but the bike it's in is an overweight dud . And the Fury cruiser is a suprisingly bold (albeit late) stylistic move but has acres of plastic and an anemic engine instead of a fire-breathing , 1800cc drag monster mill . Of late , Big Red has settled for middle of the road . Sad .
But doesn`t the engine for this beauty trace its lineage back to those fine V4 Hondas which (were) conquered (on) tracks many years back....:D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah , this whole obsession they have with the V4 is , I think , based on the Japanese philosophy or mindset of respecting history and past designers . Ironic considering their simultaneous desire to discover the next best thing . Yamaha's crossplane I4 is a historical game-changer and offers the same desirable power characteristics (if any:rolleyes: ) as a V4 without a penalty in weight , packaging , complexity , or cost . I just wish they had placed it in a prettier and lighter chassis . I'd have one if they had . I guess it's too much to ask them to include geared cams too !:eek:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Really sad attempt by Honda to make an adventure bike.

Glad I bought the Yamaha Super Ténéré :D

That Crossdresser Honda is just plain stupid looking. Harley rake out front and samsonite luggage bags :woot: I suspect that rake out front is due to the long V4 engine configuration. I won't mention the beek out front :wtf

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Bland, bland, bland and no clear market for this thing.

Soichiro Honda will be turning in his grave, with some of these recent Honda appliances.
This garbage from a company that used to have such strong purpose of engineering excellence, performance focus, quality and world beating dominance.

I'm sure it will go the way of the DN-01 and others of this ilk.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I kind of like the weirdness of the DN-01, especially since I'm a closet fan of CVTs (because of their engineering mostly)

The DN-01 maybe weird to some but to the engineer its an exciting experiment
in theory (LL = HS) namely does Long and Low = High and Short... if that rings
true then you're open to designing a race bike that is long and low like F1 and it
will turn just as quick as a high and short bike... just think of the possibilities...

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I kind of like the weirdness of the DN-01, especially since I'm a closet fan of CVTs (because of their engineering mostly)

I HATE CVTs on any vehicles meant for fun. Technically clever, efficient, etc...but boring as crap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts