Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd post a hello thread. If its in the wrong spot, feel free to move it.

Bought an RC51 a few months ago... awesome bikes.

Managed to blow it up pretty good, though... so now I'm either going to rebuild it, part it out, or fighter it... I'm still up in the air about what to do.

Here's what it looked like then.

And now.... Oops.

For the record, full gear for the win. Wearing full leathers when this happened... EMT's cut the leathers off, which sucked, but whatever, I got my money's worth.

For the record, whoever owns the RC below, I love you. What a great paint scheme...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Welcome to Speedzilla:rockon

but it back together with better parts:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the club and glad you're OK. On the high side of things at least now you have a chance to create your own color scheme :woot:

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Welcome....bummer about your bike but at least your ok.

Yea...I really like red, white and blue Hondas too. :clapper

·
Registered
460 Posts
+1

Welcome to the fold....
search aroung with your questions (may find the answer without a lot of lip...)
...and, look forward to the rebuild.... nothing inspires confidence than a job that my two trustful hands have done...

Bottom line, now you know why we grin so much!!!
Got any tracks near you? Ridden any of them yet??? that is the real place this bike was designed for!!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to see what happened to it, the RC loves the track and so will you once you got it back together.

If you need new bars, throttle assembly and grips I have a complete set for sale in the classifieds.
I also have a new OEM front brake master cylinder, lines, levers, calipers/ mounting brackets if you need them.
Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss a good deal on the whole lot.

Let us know what other parts you need and well be happy to help you get what you need.

Stunna

Thanks for the welcome guys.

After I rebuild this thing the first place I'm going to is the track.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thinkin... gonna sell it, move across the country, and start over. I hear you guys have $75 track days out in Arizona and Cali.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
$75 trackday in Cali? Must be SoCal because here in NorCal? LS is nearing $400 with Sears..I mean Infenion right on its tail. T-Hill crested $200 depending on a snobby track provider.

Reno Fernly is a blast but since it is farther away from the Bay Area, where most of the riders are at, they have great deals for $100 per day. You have to do two days to really enjoy it anyways.

Which leaves Buttonwillow which usually average about $150ish give or take The Track Club specials(feel free to correct me if I am wrong in any of the above prices)

As for SoCal.. Street of Willow and the Big Balls track next to Street is also tons of fun as well that have great deals but not $75 you have stated..must be in AZ:D

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Sup guy, I think the only way to score a $75.00 track day even in AZ. is if you agree to take a Mexican back home (across the border) when yer done..........:woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
ive got an upper that is pretty good condition if your intersted

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM sent on the upper... still not sure what to do with the bike. Right now its worth more to part it out, but we'll see... I definitely need a few weeks to get my head right before I make any decisions. The CT DMV seems to think so too, I registered this bike back in June and still haven't gotten a title :banghead....

also for you SP1 guys, I've got a carbon rear hugger on ebay. should be easy to spot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts