Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EvilTwin-05 said:
Forks low enough Scott?
I'm only 5'7" and the rear is stock height and the Ohlins are 1" longer then my stock forks were due to the long top out spring the RC51 has and I had the stock front dropped about 5mm. I measured from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the center of the axle and set the Ohlins to the same height and they work great for me.

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
RDub said:
They look shorter than the ones I have on my 01, did you cut them?
They are the Banzai cans which are shorter then the ones you get with the low mounts. It does look pretty sweet.

CBR400RR said:
I'm only 5'7" and the rear is stock height and the Ohlins are 1" longer then my stock forks were due to the long top out spring the RC51 has and I had the stock front dropped about 5mm. I measured from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the center of the axle and set the Ohlins to the same height and they work great for me.
I feel your pain. Im a towering 5'6. With all this raising the rear with links and whatnot my feet just about dangle when I come to a stop. Im just glad its not an issue when Im moving. Thank god for adjustable rearsets.

·
Registered
294 Posts
CBR400RR said:
I just put on my new Sato Ti low mounts with Sato carbon Banzai mufflers, and they were 1LB lighter and sound sweet, midrange seems a little better too.
They sure are nice but I think I am more interested to see the Moto GP cans.
When are these things coming out?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts