Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
929 Posts
I ordered my set on Monday and will have them Friday. Not gonna be able to use them till mid July though. From what I'm reading they are pretty damn good. But I havent talked to any Dunlop diehards that have tried them yet.

Where are you finding the 003's for $310? I have used those before and they were great.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered my set on Monday and will have them Friday. Not gonna be able to use them till mid July though. From what I'm reading they are pretty damn good. But I havent talked to any Dunlop diehards that have tried them yet.

Where are you finding the 003's for $310? I have used those before and they were great.
I vaguely remember reading one of the guys on the Ducati forum recently switched from the Dunlops to the R10.

The 003s are $310 pretty much everywhere now. Just google it.

·
-_-
2,284 Posts
Have you ever tried Dunlop KR slicks?

If you can outride them, let me know how.

Looking at your trackday stories I´d think you´ll have other things to worry about. Don´t get me wrong, I enjoy them and I enjoy seeing what you having fun at the track :) Plz don´t take offense.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you ever tried Dunlop KR slicks?

If you can outride them, let me know how.

Looking at your trackday stories I´d think you´ll have other things to worry about. Don´t get me wrong, I enjoy them and I enjoy seeing what you having fun at the track :) Plz don´t take offense.
I'm not offended and I know that my riding is pretty "mellow" lol

I run Dunlop Q2s on the track and don't have any plans on switching. I'm just inquiring about these tires because a friend of mine was asking about them and I told him that I would post up and try to find out what I could.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Dunlop Q2's are ok street tires, but they aren't that great at faster paces on the track. I melted a set at Jennings Gp last year. The rear was cooked before lunch, they just don't hold up under hard use. So I'd say if you're using them, and are comfortable, then there really isn't a reason to even ask about R10's??:rolleyes: Not knocking your skillz! :D
For Most, It comes down to what you're comfortable with when it comes to track riding. I for example love Michelins on both my VTwins..I'm used to the way the grip, and how they move when used up. I'm trying other brands this year, since Michelin has been locked out of ALL major racing. The Pirelli's are supposed to be good...We've all heard about how great the Dunlop NTECs are, but the new GPA's a just as good.. And or course now the Newer "stones...ALL have major Racing Series for R&D and although we may never go as fast as Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Checa, REA, we defianetly benefit from their use and feedback to the Manufacturers..

·
Banned
929 Posts
Dunlop Q2's are ok street tires, but they aren't that great at faster paces on the track. I melted a set at Jennings Gp last year. The rear was cooked before lunch, they just don't hold up under hard use. So I'd say if you're using them, and are comfortable, then there really isn't a reason to even ask about R10's??:rolleyes: Not knocking your skillz! :D
For Most, It comes down to what you're comfortable with when it comes to track riding. I for example love Michelins on both my VTwins..I'm used to the way the grip, and how they move when used up. I'm trying other brands this year, since Michelin has been locked out of ALL major racing. The Pirelli's are supposed to be good...We've all heard about how great the Dunlop NTECs are, but the new GPA's a just as good.. And or course now the Newer "stones...ALL have major Racing Series for R&D and although we may never go as fast as Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Checa, REA, we defianetly benefit from their use and feedback to the Manufacturers..
If you used up the rear in less than a day then your pressures had to have been way off and you had no business being on a street tire in the first place.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you used up the rear in less than a day then your pressures had to have been way off and you had no business being on a street tire in the first place.
Agreed. Lots of really fast guys out there running mid-pack "A" group times on Q2s over the course of 2-3 days on a rear tire. 4 to 5 days on a front.

It must have been a combination of an abrasive track, incorrect suspension, and incorrect tire pressure.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I've never heard of these but fwiw I tried the new Pirelli trackday slick and was very impressed with them the one day I rode on them.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Its not the first time I wore out a rear in a day..I got 5 sessions (2more then the D Q2) out of a Michelin P One Medium soft as well..its not that difficult to eat a tire up at Jennings in the summer.

·
3,888 Posts
I am going to race on these my next weekend. What kind of longevity have you seen with these on a liter bike?

Matthew
I've never heard of these but fwiw I tried the new Pirelli trackday slick and was very impressed with them the one day I rode on them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I tried the new Pirelli trackday slick and was very impressed with them the one day I rode on them.
Same here. Bought a set back in March and have done three track days in "expert" group and the tires look like they could do another at least. Used to get one day out of rear on there DOT race tire(Duc1098).Six-eight 20min sessions per trackday. The only differance I can tell from true sprint race tires is you can spin up the rear a little easier coming off a corner if so inclined. They have been a fiscal godsend in keeping the costs of trackdays to merely expensive, as apposed to outragiously so.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I am going to race on these my next weekend. What kind of longevity have you seen with these on a liter bike?

Matthew
I only got a day on the rear and they looked awesome, Matt. I haven't hit the track this year as of yet.

Getting back to the R10's, there's a thread up on the WERA forum, they're getting mad reviews and if I'm hearing correctly they're cheaper than the trackday slick soooooo I might be getting a set of those on next.

·
3,888 Posts
Frank,

I attached that link on the wera board in an earlier post. What were you using before the Pirelli's and how do the SC Pro's compare performance wise?

Matthew
I only got a day on the rear and they looked awesome, Matt. I haven't hit the track this year as of yet.

Getting back to the R10's, there's a thread up on the WERA forum, they're getting mad reviews and if I'm hearing correctly they're cheaper than the trackday slick soooooo I might be getting a set of those on next.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well In SingaPore, the new tyre just arrived & mostly Duc riders using it for track. So I think it's good enough & I mIght buy it soon to test on the RC51.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.