Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
great looking bikes! I have always loved the red that honda released for europe, it looks different then the red on our north american machines. I prefer it to the duc red.

just curious, have you ridden the 1198 vs the 1098? is there a noticable difference?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry havnt had a go on the 1198 yet,the 1098 so far is proving to be very fast with lots of noticable power.bike wants to wheelie in 2nd on the throttle and as for an rises in the road youd better have weight over the front.the build qualit woudn be up there with the sp and reliability wise im just praying lol.the duc is noticably lower geared in first couple of gears than sp so our hiting the up lever faster,im still trying to set suspension but so far the duc seems to like beeing ridden HARD.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Unfortunately, the RC looks dated next to anything newer than its era! UGH!

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Sweet bike!

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
/jealousy
:p

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Dated? I don't call simple body design dated.... it's called simple and clean....
instead of having a kajillion pieces making up the tail it's a sinlge pc of plastic etc etc.... I love the look of the RC next to most of the modern crap..... it seems like now a days everything is made of too many pieces.... this way they can charge $500 for each piece instead of $500 for an entire side.....:D

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Dated? I don't call simple body design dated.... it's called simple and clean....
instead of having a kajillion pieces making up the tail it's a sinlge pc of plastic etc etc.... I love the look of the RC next to most of the modern crap..... it seems like now a days everything is made of too many pieces.... this way they can charge $500 for each piece instead of $500 for an entire side.....:D
+1

I like the 1098/1198, but the smooth simple lines of the 996 era Ducs are my fave.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I guess I should have said "like a classic" and not "dated". Although I do like the way the RC looks up against bikes of it's day, it is starting to get a little long in the teeth. There are those bikes that are absolutely timeless like the mentioned 996, and the MV F4. Sorry but the RC doesn't fall into that category for me.

I was actually thinking about some major tech elements in line with styling. The mirrors, exhaust, sssa, and radial brakes just stand out to me as things lacking on the RC. Backdate that ducati with a couple exhaust cans hanging off the sides, some turn signals sticking off the sides, give it a conventional swinger, axial brakes etc. and you have a bike that doesn't look so hot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts