Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe more in line with the Ducati image
Japanese spec helmet(fits my western noggin pretty well,Snell safety rating etc)

670us plus shipping.All sizes etc

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Simon, I'm an Asian guy with a rather round head.

Do those Japan Spec helmets have different pads inside or are the actual dimensions of the shell different than US models?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well,the US and japanese arai's feel exactly the same to me,and the supplier of the FRP etc to Arai and Shoei(Toray) told me that they are the same,so thats all the info I have on Arai helmets

what are you currently using at the moment?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm currently using Shark's RSR2 in an XL. The fit is ok, but not perfect. There are still a few slight pressure spots but nothing serious.

I've had the previous generation Arai RX7rr's, and the Arai Quantums, both in the XL. Although Arai advertises that the Quantum is for a more round head, I've had better luck with the RX7rr's.

I definitely would give the new RX7's a try if they made them fit a rounder head.

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
I'm currently using Shark's RSR2 in an XL. The fit is ok, but not perfect. There are still a few slight pressure spots but nothing serious.

I've had the previous generation Arai RX7rr's, and the Arai Quantums, both in the XL. Although Arai advertises that the Quantum is for a more round head, I've had better luck with the RX7rr's.

I definitely would give the new RX7's a try if they made them fit a rounder head.
I've tried both Japanese and US RX7 Corsair Vs and they're the same inside. Go to Cycle Gear in Fullerton, try a Corsair V, and if you like it, order the same size from Simon. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts