Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://racewayatv.com/Redcat-R9-X.php

Well not actually but I'll tell you these XR-50 type bikes are starting to look like a lot of fun and the Chinese import versions are getting mighty cheap.

Get your minis ready for the parties we'll be having out at the farm this summer as we're going to have some grass track, circle racing, (ie beer drinking ) fun! It's going to be a blast. You've been warned...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: New affordable SM bike... (Jimmy_Tea)

Cool link Jimmy...been thinking of finding mini ride out there....you know, for the kids....
Guess I need to find a job first...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: New affordable SM bike... (stlwalnut)

Yeah I've seen cheap imports but look at those specs. Those guys are doing it right!

Have you seen the racing their doing with these things on gokart tracks on Two-Wheeled Tues? It looked awesome.

What kind of job are you looking for? I can ask around. BTW - I quit my job in Nov. So I can't help you there unfortunately.

Modified by Jimmy_Tea at 4:47 PM 2/2/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Watch out for some of the Chinese bikes. They are made of stale cheese. Even the SDG's are falling apart.

I have an XR50 that has really taken a beating. I have bent up some parts but that is my fault. I am more of an icy hot stunter on it and that causes me to crash a lot.

Upgrades are coming soon. Fluid filled front forks. 88cc motor. New frame and swingarm.

I already have aquired two complete sets of rims for it so I can do a 10 minute swapout from dirt to street or vice versa.

With street tires on it. I still need a black seat cover. Yes, I cut the front fender short like a supermoto.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New affordable SM bike... (bikefrk)

I forgot. Next Saturday I have a pitbike event at my house. The 1st annual West Side 50 Riders Sno-Mo-X. It was going to be great until it turned 50° and melted my snow berms and jumps. Now we are just going to tear up the lawn. The neighbors have been warned.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: New affordable SM bike... (bikefrk)

In MCRA back in the mid 80's we used to have an annual 30hr endurance party. Besides the 12 person hot tub on wheels... we used to race minibikes around a grass track oval. Once we wore in a groove you could lean them little bikes way over and it was a freakin blast. To this day its some of the best fun I've ever had on any motorcycle.
Thats why I'd like to find some cheap imports as I'd like to buy 4 identically prepared bikes and build some tracks out at the farm.
Jim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

4 identical bikes....private farm...the makings of a classic.

Mark O (another old MCRA guy) told me about a drunken 'figure 8' race with dirt bikes...
I smell a rematch

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: New affordable SM bike... (stlwalnut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stlwalnut »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4 identical bikes....private farm...the makings of a classic.

Mark O (another old MCRA guy) told me about a drunken 'figure 8' race with dirt bikes...
I smell a rematch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Walnut, you know Doug Stageman? You should hear him tell the "Beer Nationals" story... could very well be the same race Mark was refering to...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts