Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is what i have been looking at so for. Currently i have a dunlop Sportmax on the back. just looking for something with a good tread life. all i do is ride, no track time or stunting.

Any thoughts on these tires.

#1 is a Dunlop D616 priced @ $131.58
#2 is a Continental Force priced @ $136.13
#3 is a Continental Sport Attack priced @160.39

all tires are 190-50-17
prices are from Discount Motorcycle Tires - Motorcycletires.com

which one is going to get the most miles or best wear.

thanks
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
You forgot to mention which tyre you have in front...
Anyway if I had to pick one of the three tyres you mentioned I would go for the Continental Sport Attack, at least it grips like a tyre should.
Oh and by the way, if you are after a tyre returning excellent mileage and gripping well consider Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Pirelli Angel ST. I know they are marketed as "touring" tyres but they grip better than the sports tyre we had available a few years ago and last much longer.
11,000 km (6,900 miles) on my BMW on a set or PR2: that's my new absolute record. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i have the matching dunlop on the front as well, but it still looks brand new.

the previous owner had replaced it prior because of a hole in the tire. that is why it is in better shape than the front.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Why not try the Dunlop Roadsmart on the back then?

·
Registered
947 Posts
get you a set of the shinko apex's if all you do is ride on the street. they're plenty enough to hold the road... just don't expect to turn blistering times at the track with them.

and also switch to a 190/55

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
I've always heard to keep the front and rear as a matched set. Never done it, though. And never had any reason to worry about it, either. I used to just run the cheapest tire I could get away with. This was back in the Metzler Sportec M-1/ Michelin Pilot Sport days...

Oh, and:

and also switch to a 190/55

+1

·
Registered
947 Posts
190/50 makes the rear feel heavy in turns, the190/55 is a taller tire so it feels lighter and easier to turn in.

that's breaking it down about as simple as possible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts