Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gave up on working on my bike myself. I called a dealership near me to have some work done on my '95 900 and I was told that they don't work on "chopped Ducati's". I asked what he meant and I was told that their mechanics will do work on some bikes and then tell the service manager that they will do NO more work on that bike because of its age and availability of parts. So now I might be "punished" or "penalized" because of the age of my bike and the amount of mods I've done to it??????????????????? WTF

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So whats wrong with it? Maybe someone on this board can help. You also need to call another dealer as the one you called must be so busy he doesnt have time for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need to vent (Dutch900)

A sure sign of a dealer who:

a) Has all the business he can handle at that particular time

or

b) Doesn't really know how to work on your bike

Is it difficult to find another dealer in your area? If not, I'd just move on.

(that clutch giving you trouble?)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Need to vent (JamesP)

Find a different dealer. Dealers with that attitude are a train wreck waiting to happen.

There could quite possibly be some excellent shade tree mechanics in your area. Do some investigating, you might find a gem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

When I had my monster I stopped in a "local" Ducati dealership (1.5 hrs away) and asked the service manager about getting my forks resprung. The idiot told me that upside down forks are "impossible" to dissassemble and work on and that he will have to check with DNA to see if he can even do the work. What the????? Anyway, I ended up going to another dealership (1.5 hours in the other direction) who jumped on the business and fixed my forks ASAP. I think your problem is the same as mine- lack of knowledge on the dealer's part.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Rob I wish I was there, I would fix the thing for you for free. The dealer is obviously an idiot, try to find a different one and maybe he can straighten out what went wrong.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Need to vent (Phil 998)

sounds like they don't know what their doing. i say moveon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Need to vent (oneducs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneducs »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like they don't know what their doing. i say moveon.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agree 100%, it's a sign, take it, they are not worth handing your hard earned cash over to.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Need to vent (Monstaman)

Took my business somewhere else. Yeah! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! (LOL
something tells me they won't notice the absence of my business with all of the business they do on Harleys...that should have been a tip off.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dutch900 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">something tells me they won't notice the absence of my business with all of the business they do on Harleys...that should have been a tip off.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmmmm. Harley and Duc dealership in MD. I wonder who it could be?

You're not the only Duc owner who learned not to go there. At least you learned the easy way, there are others who learned the hard way with them

Stay away from that place if you own a Duc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Did you end up taking your bike to the dealer in Elkridge? They are a great bunch of guys over there, while it is a very excentric shop the mechanics are all over 50 and have extensive knowledge in motorcycle repair. They are not a performance shop in the way that some shops try and get get the most power possible out of a motor, they are on the other hand very thorough in getting things right. They have taken care of my bike since day one. I have over 24k on a 748/853 and I ride the piss out of it, it has never given me any problems.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Need to vent (LikesToGoFast)

She is in Elkridge as we read. That is normally where I take it, but they are so busy that I gave "the other place" a call. Won't do that again.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Need to vent (DC Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmmmm. Harley and Duc dealership in MD. I wonder who it could be?

You're not the only Duc owner who learned not to go there. At least you learned the easy way, there are others who learned the hard way with them

Stay away from that place if you own a Duc
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was gonna say the same thing! I took mine there once, and then the bike was backfiring, damned exhaust flange nuts were only finger tight. Few other little things too, like a forgotten bolt here... etc

Battley's.. jeezo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts