Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where I can buy: rear cowling & chainguard??

Already have a line on a new Bitubo mono & fork springs...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Need parts for my MegaHawk! (MegaBeth13)

I don't know, man - but I REALLY dig your home page. That says a lot about you. We are like minded. Ever check out the Ton Up sites?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need parts for my MegaHawk! (aces anugal)

I'm not a man, but thanks dude

The Web site isn't my personal one - it's the non-club-club I'm a non-member of.

Ton Up had a vintage bike & scooter show here in Chicago last month and this month in Milwaukee is RockerBox.

my other ride is a '72 CB350f
check out my grrrls http://springvinmoto.com/galle...um113

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Need parts for my MegaHawk! (MegaBeth13)

Sorry 'bout the sex mix-up. I should've known by your name. Nice 350! I had a couple CB400Fs myself. My Hawk:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah but fred has a source for everything, or ask the hawklist -> hawkgt.com What was wrong with the one that came on the bike?good luck

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (balancedue)

True. Fred can get everything - but maybe I don't want him to.

BTW - do I know you??? I must.

What's wrong with which?

- the suspension is d-e-a-d

- the cowling had the sub-frame hacked off
- the chainguard met the same fate

- I wiped out in May and the cowling is all scratched and cracked. sure it looks tough, but I want to paint her over the winter anyways

Modified by MegaBeth13 at 9:14 AM 8/12/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (MegaBeth13)

I dont think you know me unless we met in passing at fred's.
I had herd about your wipeout. (hope your getting better) fred was asking me about the Buell signals that were put on your bike so he could get replacements. The cowl is plastic so it can be plastic welded to as good as new as long as it is just cracked and scraped. The chain guard. well. nobody realy keeps them because they arent COOL. except to you and me. The hawk list will probibly have ten that people would be willing to give you one if you pay for shipping. Dont quote me though.

The suspensions is the best mod you can do to the hawk, but dont waste your time doing it if you are going to keep those stock rimstrips.
I just had him put on some Michelin pilot powers on another bike that are some where between a dot race tire and a full on street tire. GREAT tires. and they come in the hawks odd sizes. I'm doing that next season to my hawk. if you see me on the street wave. Or flip me off depending on the day. My plate is DUCHNT

here is alink to my hawk. Chris
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...hotos

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (balancedue)

He is my recently ex'd BF, so any alternate source for Hawk parts is what I'm after. Although I'm sure I'll have him do the work 'cause I don't trust anyone else really.

He's a genius when it comes to things with 2 wheels and an internal combustion engine.

I want a new cowl so I can have a sub-frame - also most of the plastic brackets are broken. I'm not overly concerned with being cool - I go on road trips and a chainguard would be helpful...call me crazy.

Happy to hear my firey wreck has been talked about. I've always wanted to be part of folk-lore; maybe get a song written about me..."The Wreck of the MegaHawk".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts