Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw this on this forum....

Someone (I believe "Cycho Sports") had a silver LC4 with a single "cyclops" style headlight cut into a standard SX front numberplate. I was wondering if that person can step forward and let me know what kind of light that was, and how the beam was compared to the stock headlight (I'm guessing it couldn't have been much worse). Any info is appreciated, I would like to do something similar on my SMC.

Thanks in advance!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Need help, I think from user named "Cycho Sports" (backdrifter)

It was one of a pair of 'driving' lights I found at WalMart or some other retailer several years ago.

I hated the look, feel and performance of the stock headlight and really only put that one in there to stay somewhat legal for road riding. The pattern and even the amount of light given by it were crap. I never rode at night though so it didn't matter to me.

I sold my SM a couple years ago, and the whole light deal with it. I suppose you could try some other driving or fog lamps for pattern and brightness.

FWIW, I also mounted a Panoram bicycle speedo/odometer to get rid of the monster brick stock speedo that came on the bike. That thing worked great. It was a bit slow (relatively speaking) to come up to speed, but read clearly and very accurately.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need help, I think from user named "Cycho Sports" (CychoSports)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I loved the look of your set up, but I would need something that gives off decent light, since I do ride at night fairly often. I'll keep looking...

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts