Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 748 that has a fuel leak underneath the tank. I can see fuel seeping from the end of the main line marked "M" where it connects to the "out" on the tank. It is also leaking at the other end where it connects to the injector. I know that end it well crimped with a hose clamp and I have torqued my hose clamp on the tank side to no avail. It just slowly seeps out. What's going on? Is this from too much pressure? Bad fuel regulator? I'm at wits end..please help!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: need help! fuel line leak. (asphalteater)

Firstly, welcome to the board.

Secondly, have you checked your fuel hose to make sure it is not perished or cracked?, secondly, we are assuming this hose has not been replaced and with the wrong size therefore stopping it crimping down nicely.

Is it a neat fit over the metal spigots at each end?

Check these first.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: need help! fuel line leak. (Monstaman)

Thanks for the welcome. The fuel lines are factory and are in great shape. I have taken them on and off five or six times, rerouting the fuel line making sure that the line isn't crimped. My next move is to replace them. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Any idea where I can get the fuel lines outside of going to the dealer. I am assuming they would be a lot less expensive if I did locate another source. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it back!

Welcome

Modified by NC Rick at 8:59 PM 8/28/2005

Modified by NC Rick at 9:00 PM 8/28/2005

1 - 4 of 4 Posts