Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the 520 (15/41) conversion. The problem is, I have no clutch. What did I do wrong on re-assembly? I know I pulled the slave cylinder off when I changed the front gear, but I put it back on just the way it came off. Does this require bleeding? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Need Help ASAP (lokar)

just bleed it. super common You did nothing wrong

shoot me a phone number and I will tell you how to do it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need Help ASAP (sp2pilot)

Thanks, I was kind of stumped. I thought that because I didnt break the lines open it would be fine. I was thinking maybe I missed the push rod or dropped something and didnt realize it. Anyway, that makes me feel better. Thanks for the help. I will do a search on the bleeding so I dont have to bother you. If I dont find anything I will pm you so I can get a hold of you.

Thanks
Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Okay, I just found several posts on your method of pushing the piston in with thumbs, etc. I will give that a try. Now that I think about it I do remember having to 'push' the slave cyliner on. (i guess where the piston 'floated' out) anyway thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hopefully someone is on here right now that can help. After doing a few searches I tried using sp2s bleeding method, but it made no difference. I must be doing something wrong or missing something. What I did was remove the slave cylinder, remove the reservoir cap (also tried with it on), put the bike on a stand, slowly pushed in the piston until it stopped and then like a nascar team bolted it back on quik. I have tried this several times but I never get any feel to the clutch. Just to be sure, the only thing behind the slave cylinder is the push rod right? Anyway, please let me know, I really want to try these new gears!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Go ahead and put the slave back on the bike and bleed it like you would a car brake system crack bleeder valve at slave pull lever in slowly when lever is pulled all the way in tighten bleeder release lever slow and repeat until clutch works good in the future you may want to invest in a mighty vac type hand vac bleeder they work wonders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Need Help ASAP (twotone)

Thanks. I have been pulling my hair out. I have been trying the banjo at the master method over and over to no avail. I have a mighty vac, but I read in one of the posts that conventional bleading would not work because of ??? whatever. I am going back out right now to try it.
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Dammit! I hate when nothing goes smooth. So I go out to bleed the clutch 'old skool' style and guess what happens... Two pumps into the deal I look and the res. is empty. Okay, no big deal, I will just run downstairs and grab some brake fluid. Oh look, I have like 5 bottles of dot3 and no dot4. Okay, it sucks but I will just run down to wallyworld and grab some. Drive all the way there... yup just dot3. (so much for a motorcycle section worth a crap) Anyway, I will just have to wait until tomorrow. Not that anyone cares, but on top of this crap my ac unit is flooding my basement and I cannot figure out why. Now the carpet two walls and a shelf are ruined with mold. Oh, then yesterday I saw a spot in the cieling upstairs that looked like mold. I reached up to touch it and my finger goes right through. Just lovely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Okay, finally got it fixed up. I ended up having to use all the methods. and then I spent 10-15 minutes lightly flicking the lever (thanks to JohnnyRockets sugestion) and got all of the tiny bubles out. Now it feels better than stock! Thank you guys for the help. BTW, the gears feel great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.