Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be deploying in a month with the Army National Guard, first stop is a base in Arizona for 6months of school before Iraq.

I just found out that even though I have an M1 license, I have to have an MSF certificate to get my bike on base.

Obviously all classes are filled up...I leave in 6wks! Any instructors out there that can get me in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: need an MSF instructor ASAP and desperately! (Red900SS)

Ask if they provide it on base. My sister was deployed to Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico, and they provided it for free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

..and God Bless while you're out there. Come back for some more pavement carving.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Back when I was enlisted, my squadron's Motorcycle Safety Officer just had to verify that I was enrolled for an upcoming on-base MSF course and that I had an appropriate helmet and orange safety vest in order for me to get my temporary vehicle tag. I bet your unit will work the same way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
996pilot, thanks, I plan on it.

Banda, this isn't a permanent station for me, 6mos school, just a little diff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Red900SS)

Don't sweat it, every base I have been on and I have been on a lot of them offer the class. They will also provide you with a temporary pass as long as you sign up for the class and have a motorcycle endorsement. I took my class in sigonella sicily when I was out there with the Navy. I would just wait till you get there then you can do it for free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Ian748L)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ian748L »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I would just wait till you get there then you can do it for free.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately, to get it for free, you have to volunteer to be part of a live target practice....really sharpens your survival skills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts