Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought a nice used set of Satos from my good buddy Wingnut, but ( as he knew) it is missing a few small parts. Shift rod donated by another fine board member K-town. Now all I need to finish them ( as far as I know ) I need the 6mm rod end that connects to the rearset itself. Some call it a rod end some a hiem joint. But it is 6mm and right hand threaded, and the Sato parts list shows it as a female part but a male ended one should work also.

on the Sato parts list (or blow up) it is part # 9 Thanks Hoovy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll???????

I don't know but fill me in ???? Does that make it GP style shifting?? This is new to me guys, and that is why I ask on here. I always get good answers :D
I have said it before THIS SITE ROCKS!!:rockon Hoovy

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Yeah, the vfr shifter does make it reverse shifting. I tried that with some other rearsets and didn't like it as you can't adjust the distance to the shifter peg from the footpeg.

I'm fairly sure that both rod ends are male as the rod will allow you to adjust the peg position (up and down) as you turn it since one is left handed and the other is right handed. If that's all you need, then it should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
James call ken @ orient express or Alex @ Kyle U.S.A. if no one here has a spare and get and use the nuts,you want the joints to be in-line with each other.

Here is that .pdf file again. or try scott "cbr400"

Attachments

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Yeah, the vfr shifter does make it reverse shifting. I tried that with some other rearsets and didn't like it as you can't adjust the distance to the shifter peg from the footpeg.

I'm fairly sure that both rod ends are male as the rod will allow you to adjust the peg position (up and down) as you turn it since one is left handed and the other is right handed. If that's all you need, then it should be an easy fix.
Ah does your foot length change? If it works...it works. Any rear set ( have had most of them available) works with the VFR if you have a foot like mine (size 11), Most aftermarket set ups I've owned are set back and up or back and low. Either way works and had plenty of room if I had a smaller foot. If you wanted what I think you need from me, It would be 40 bucks while the vfr would be 30. Either option is "shipped" with no additional PP fee's so it doesn't matter waht you choose. I just really like the vfr option and I know I have a few of those with out even looking.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Say yo Kurt not to diss... but the bling master recomends a blingeriffic item from sato ... bling-on :D

James to complete the rearsets correctly...

items needed

# 3 button head m6x20 screw $2.90
# 8 stud $ 4.20
# 7 nuts x2 $ 2.90
# 9 female rod end $ 13.50
#20 flange nut $ 1.20

And my custom sato low mount mids that bolt to the rearsets !

dial 1-831-394- thirteen thirty tell Alex Tom from minnesota sent you and demand the wingnutt discount free shipping and a bunch of cool stickers !!!

Attachments

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Ah does your foot length change? If it works...it works. Any rear set ( have had most of them available) works with the VFR if you have a foot like mine (size 11), Most aftermarket set ups I've owned are set back and up or back and low. Either way works and had plenty of room if I had a smaller foot. If you wanted what I think you need from me, It would be 40 bucks while the vfr would be 30. Either option is "shipped" with no additional PP fee's so it doesn't matter waht you choose. I just really like the vfr option and I know I have a few of those with out even looking.
I guess I've got weird feet! I just didn't like that when I adjusted where the footpeg was, I couldn't keep the same distance to the shifter. I couldn't get it close enough for my liking. On my sato's I have the shifter peg at the closest setting, which is odd considering I have size 11-11.5 feet, which is kinda big. I guess I like having the shifter at the ball of my foot and not on my toes or something. I was just pointing out the only downside I saw with the vfr shifter. Whatever works for you is best.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I guess I've got weird feet! I just didn't like that when I adjusted where the footpeg was, I couldn't keep the same distance to the shifter. I couldn't get it close enough for my liking. On my sato's I have the shifter peg at the closest setting, which is odd considering I have size 11-11.5 feet, which is kinda big. I guess I like having the shifter at the ball of my foot and not on my toes or something. I was just pointing out the only downside I saw with the vfr shifter. Whatever works for you is best.
Hey Buddy,

Well, I've got to go with Kurt on this one... Except I use the CBRXX Shifter! (^_-)

The CBRXX shifter, it WAY Better then the VFR Shifter!:p I've used it with my Rear Sets and I've had NO Problems shifting whatsoever.. (^_-)

I Love the Reversed shift pattern! Try it HOOVEY.... You'll LOVE IT!

Hey Hoov., IF You get hooked up with the complete linkage, I "Think" You can still reverse the shift pattern anyhow can't you guys, OR You need just "1" extra part believe?

Peace Jeff

PS. Shhhhhh HOOVEY Don't tell these guys... it's the same shifter!

OFCOURSE... I know You All KNOW!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tee heee heee

You guys crack me up. Jeff I won't tell and now my curiosity is up. I may have to give this GP shift thing a chance. Miller has weird feet too, learned that today !! :rolleyes: Called Kyle today and Mike had the parts but I was thinking of just waiting on getting the same time I get the forks done.

Well after talking to Mike and checking my $$$ situation I think I am going to get Traxxion to do my forks. $200 savings and all I need really. I'll get the rod end and shifter piece on here or ebay. The GP shifter end pops up on here time to time. WOuld rather go with Kyle but $$$$ is gone from my bike kitty pot. I can't go back to work till next Jan so it isn't going to grow??? :(

I know you guys love Kyle but can't swing it now. Give me your opinions!!
Thanks Guys Hoovy

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
If you don't mind sharing, what work did they quote you for and how much was it?

I've been toying with the idea of sending Dan Kyle my forks too, as they are due for a rebuild. As far as I can tell they change the fluid/seals, cut the top out spring, install a preload spacer, install a new shim stack and will swap out springs if needed.

I'm more of a do it yourself kind of guy and am confident in my ability to do everything, but I guess I'll have to buy the shim stack from them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WEll

clean, deburr and prep forks. Rebuild and revalve them to your weight is about all I know, I can't remember it all. Basically the same at Traxxion for $200 less. I had intentions of getting a buddy to do them who is a Honda tech with certificates out the ying yang. But both places told me the RC forks are a little diff. To only let someone do them that has RC experience because of this difference????? I have no idea so I have to take there word for it :confused:
Kyle was around $700 Hoovy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.