Speedzilla Forums banner

41 - 60 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
You're forgetting about the Indian 4 !;)
Sorry, I forgot to mention the cylinders were on their side, just like the BMW K100. So it was the first "flat" I4 engine fitted to a bike. The Indian and the Henderson had cylinders sticking up and were much less neat.

Now see if you can guess what this is:

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
My turn now... I'll go easy on you all.

Of course extra points if you can also identify the bike in the background with "Wulf" on the tank.

1957 Ariel Leader Square 4... I can't see the Wulf bike...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
No Triton, though there's a close relationship. :)
Oh, and it's still in production.

Larry, the Wulf is the bike immediately behind the Ariel, the one with a brown tank and oversize cylinder block. Wulf is written in gold at the bottom of the tank.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
No Triton, though there's a close relationship. :)
Oh, and it's still in production.

Larry, the Wulf is the bike immediately behind the Ariel, the one with a brown tank and oversize cylinder block. Wulf is written in gold at the bottom of the tank.
Vintage Thruxton?

And Larry, I already said what the wulf bike is, and the aerial isnt a square 4. Do you even bother reading threads before you respond to them?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Norton (NVT) Challenge . Cosworth 750cc twin , cast alloy SA , 1975 me thinks .
Yes, that's an NVT (Norton) Cosworth alright. Was to be Britain's answer to the various Ducati 900SS and Honda Four but it went south together with the rest of the industry.
You are also right about the Aussie Hunwick-Hallam. Burnsie did a good job finding a picture without the futuristic carbon fiber fairing which made it instantly recognizable. It had me stumped until a few hours ago, good one!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
the future is now

the "the beast" pictured above was frequently stated to be a sachs. i dont know if target design is sep or a company that shares employees or how it works, but no one mentioned the sachs part

41 - 60 of 580 Posts