Speedzilla Forums banner

561 - 580 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
You'll have to make it harder. Silk Scott Special. I've actually seen one show up at the First Sunday run in Ephrata, Pa.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
You'll have to make it harder. Silk Scott Special. I've actually seen one show up at the First Sunday run in Ephrata, Pa.
That is correct. Very interesting bike and a great way to breath new life into a decades old engine. Too bad Mr Silk was actually losing money (and lots of it) in every bike he built.

If you want harder, here you go:

No need for editing as the bike is currently on display as you see it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is hard. And I'd love to know where the last two pictures you posted are from; looks like a hell of a museum. In that spirit, and this is probably too easy, identify where this photo is from.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm going to take a stab and say it's a 1920's Raleigh, although what model is beyond me. I'm guessing the frame didn't come out of the factory looking like that.

That is correct. Very interesting bike and a great way to breath new life into a decades old engine. Too bad Mr Silk was actually losing money (and lots of it) in every bike he built.

If you want harder, here you go:

No need for editing as the bike is currently on display as you see it.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Sorry for writing so little lately but I have ulnar nerve compression and hence I must use mouse and keyboard as little as possible. :p

I haven't been in the US in many years so I'll take a potshot in the dark: Barber Museum in Alabama?

About my bike. It has a colorful story and it's one of the relatively few British bikes not made in the Midlands. And about the museum... I won't give it away until the bike is named. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, stay away from the computer. You need that nerve to ride motorbikes with.

Yes, Barber. Down in the basement, behind the workshops.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Well, stay away from the computer. You need that nerve to ride motorbikes with.

Yes, Barber. Down in the basement, behind the workshops.
Thanks but a few (legal) drugs later and I am much much better and back in business! :D

The bike used by Mr Rossi is a TM Racing. Good bikes but look at the picture of their factory on Wikipedia: File:Fabbrica TM Racing.jpg - Wikipedia :D

And none of you still hasn't guessed what my bike is... come on!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm still thinking. How about some negative hints? Have I got any of this wrong: it's OHV and carbureted, friction girder forks, so I make that late 1920's. The copper plating is not original.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Interesting.
The frame is a 1988 or so TZ250, that I know. Engine type is a two stroke, but that might be to obvious. Parallel twin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Documents and changing the address.

If you are moving or if you change your address on DMV and want to know the procedure for changing the address on DMV than visit change of address online site for the details information

561 - 580 of 581 Posts