Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 40 of 580 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts

what beautiful detail!who would have thought of that....(reservoir tank recessed in the top tree..)
maybe not good for normal sus ,but the britten hossack system was a bit different so the top tree wasn't really a structual unit(maybe not much torsional rigidity required)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Was that the one that was going to have a cast magnesium frame and swingarm?
Cast magnesium swingarm and wheels (for road use... :rolleyes:), Buell-like rim mounted brake discs, "active suspensions" (whatever that meant), 1.5 liter V8 engine with triple spark ignition and 360 km/h (225 mph) top speed.
Personally I doubt even the engine ever run on a dyno.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
My turn now... I'll go easy on you all.

Of course extra points if you can also identify the bike in the background with "Wulf" on the tank.
I was orignially going to guess some sort of variant of the 650cc Norton from the mid-60's. Predates the Commando. I'll need to refer to my Norton Buyer's guide, but then that is cheating...

Then again I can't figure out the side covers on the engine, is it a boxer type motor? Awesome stumper of a picture.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Thats a kawasaki Zephyr 750 that someone has painted a union jack and "Triumph" on the tank of.
Yes, that's a normal Zephyr 750 with a questionable paint scheme.

As for the bikes in my picture they are an Ariel Leader 4 (foreground) and a Norton Wulf 500. So just bonus points for you, Dezmo. ;)
The Ariel Leader 4 was the first bike with a longitudinally mounted inline four. It also had shaft drive and an electric starter (in 1960!).
During tests it was found to be very comfortable and quiet but BSA (the owners of Ariel at the time) decided touring motorcycles had no future in 1960 so killed it off.
The Norton Wulf 500 is a two stroke Bernard Hooper was working with when Norton decided to kill off two strokes and start working on rotary engines.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
huffhines: KR250. sburns: Ive seen that bike before, but Im unsure of the name...Metisse comes to mind, but I dont think thats it.

21 - 40 of 580 Posts