Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

went down coming out of turn 4 at texas world speedway. broke my left collar bone and got some rash on my right 4arm other then that i am alright. the bike has a bent frame, i think, the swing arm is bent the clutch over is gone along with the clutch and everything else on the right side. rear tire just lost grip and washed out. i am sure that a more experienced rider could have saved it but i don't have that much track time under my belt. give me eight weeks and i will be back out on the track again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (KevinTX)

That sucks hope you heal up soon.

On the other hand thats kind of a cool pic in a sick and twisted way
you know it's ok to let go of the bike when you crash

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahha eveyone that saw that pic at the track said that same thing. i don't think i was holding onto it though. i hit that hump on the outside of the turn and kinda moved me and the bike around and i think it just makes it look like i am holding on. i dunno i might have held on.

i did get the chance to meet some really cool people from the board out there also dhrider, kawijim, g-man and someothers, so that was cool. hope to see you guys out there again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (twotone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twotone »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That sucks hope you heal up soon.

On the other hand thats kind of a cool pic in a sick and twisted way
you know it's ok to let go of the bike when you crash
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah what he said!
hope you heal up soon
i wish i had a picture for everytime i crashed at the track

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (letsgofast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by letsgofast »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are those Pilot Powers on that bike? I can't really tell by the picture.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i had ordered a set of power races, new pads, chain, and spockets from kneedraggers.com and all i got was the chain and spockets before the track day, but i did get the new tires and pads today, i'll save them for when i put my bike back togeather.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twotone »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know it's ok to let go of the bike when you crash
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I sort of laughted when I saw that picture, looks as if your sleeping on the RC.

Get better soon man.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (FryDaddy)

sorry for your loss bro.

i have some stock parts if you need? i have a stock tail light lens. I think i have milliioonnss of stock bolts. i might even have front brake caliper adapters ans some other misc parts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (mrgrn)

Kevin gets the top prize for the most damage incurred to a RC51 during a low-side at TWS and believe me I am one experienced camper in that dept.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (g-man)

haha thanks Gorden. i am not sure thats a prize i wanted to take home though.
here are the pics that i took today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

just clean the dirt off give Dan Kyle a CC # and open up a tab

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

sweet, one sided exhaust and you went down on that side, chit!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Dude, you never told me you put a dry clutch on that thing!

Seriously, sorry for your loss. I went out to watch some of the sessions of group C and it looked like you guys were having fun. I know the 1st timer we brought w/ us on that RC said he had a great time following you guys...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (FryDaddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FryDaddy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I sort of laughted when I saw that picture, looks as if your sleeping on the RC.

Get better soon man.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it looks like he just woke up!

Better luck next time Kev.

Hope to see you back at the track in the fall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Did you have sliders? Cause the crash looks pretty bad
Heal up and bring a pillow next time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (RC BS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC BS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, it looks like he just woke up!

Better luck next time Kev.

Hope to see you back at the track in the fall.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey buddy, it was nice to meet you out there. well, it was hot out and i was tired the ground looked really soft so i just laid down for a bit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you have sliders? Cause the crash looks pretty bad Heal up and bring a pillow next time </TD></TR></TABLE>

no sliders i dont know if they would have help much though. the main thing i was worried about was my ohlins forks, i just put them on and i really didn't want to mess em up.

i am hoping that i will be able to be active in about 2 weeks and heal up fast so i can get back out on the track in august.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Kevin, that sucks man. Now you need to sell me those Ohlins forks so you can fix your bike.
Hope your collar bone heals fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KevinTX »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the main thing i was worried about was my ohlins forks, i just put them on and i really didn't want to mess em up.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, I missed that one hope they are still cool but your rear looks like a stocker?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: my wreck at the track. (3stripes)

Kevin,
It was nice meeting ya. I've crashed in 4 myself. That fence that looks like it is far enough away, really isn't. I hope you heal up fast & if you need ANYTHING PM me.

If your interested I know the owner of GDM in Texas. They MAY be able to straighten that frame. Let me know.

John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts