Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is what i think about EVERYTIME i hit he brakes on my bike in traffic.....eveyrtime i stop at a red light, i pull to the middle by the dividing line to hopefully be out of the impact zone. Everyime a car hits its brakes hard in front of me, i hit my brakes a veer off to the side expecting this kind of scenario......lucky summabitch, it happens that fast

·
Registered
238 Posts
One of the reasons I gave the street up:(

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
If there is one constant to Motorcycling is that it's a never ending
learning experience... this video serves as reminder to check 6 because you
don't want some errant cager to run up your tail pipe...

Good rules to follow out in the perverted traffic is First you
anticipate being rear ended... Second you identify the threat... Third
you maneuver to avoid the hazard...

I escaped a bad one out on the freeway one day... I was cruising in
the fast lane when traffic suddenly slowed as it does during heavy
traffic... I immediate checked my rear and identified a Chevy Van
slowing down as well... but when I look behind the Chevy Van I
identified a White Cadillac not slowing one bit... I anticipated a
collision and maneuvered in-between the lanes of traffic... I heard a
loud CRASH as the Caddy plowed into the back of the Van... the Van
skidded forward and consumed the space I just vacated by maneuvering
clear...

The drive wasn't hurt and Caddy was able bolted from the scene in a
classic hit and run... that really irritated me so I gave chase
without regard to my own personal safety... it was comical watching
the heavy Caddy trying to out maneuver my bike with quit jerk lane
changes... at an off ramp the driver tried to fake me out and pealed
off at the last second... I pushed the bars lightly and matched his
wild move while giggling in my helmet... he navigated into a left turn
lane and stopped I pulled along side and announced that he was under
citizens arrest... I instructed the driver to pull into the gas
station and hand over his keys... he did... when the cop arrived the
officer question the driver and found out the he had a prior DUI
conviction and lost of license... he wasn't supposed to be behind the
wheel at all... the cop drew the club and busted the guy up side the
head... he was tossed in the back of the cruiser with such force that
he about rolled up side down...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
its fuucking amazing this shit happens daily and people who ride still refuse to look behind them everytime they stop. your ass should always pull to the edge of the lane as well. ive avoided this on several occasions.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
this is what i think about EVERYTIME i hit he brakes on my bike in traffic.....eveyrtime i stop at a red light, i pull to the middle by the dividing line to hopefully be out of the impact zone. Everyime a car hits its brakes hard in front of me, i hit my brakes a veer off to the side expecting this kind of scenario......lucky summabitch, it happens that fast
That gnawing feeling of doom will only get louder as you get older and continually observe the amazing lack of driving ability many people display.

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
That's why I gave up the streets too.
Dirt only now.
She was probably talking on the cell phone or texting. Why did that clueless clown in the middle lane stop dead in the road in front of him ? No turn signal, no traffic light...???

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
she would have shite when she came running up and saw my pistol and two mags in my galco shoulder holster on the outside of my leathers:D

i have been pulling next to the car in front of me for two decades to avoid this:twocents i never leave myself pinched in between cars even if i have to bend the law a bit

edit, they randomly stopped so i would have glided in the same lane next to the SUV and or gone around if the coast was clear in front. almost looks like the rider was half no paying attention himself

·
Banned
929 Posts
Sure this maybe could have been avoided but regardless its the old bags fault. The guy on the bike did nothing wrong and he should receive a nice fat check out of the deal. Hopefully he spends the money wisely and not on another Gsxr

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I hope she got her text message out (or whatever else stupid f***in' shit she was doing instead of focusing on the road) before almost taking the guy out..... bitch deserves to lose her license for life, she is obviously too f***in stupid to drive IMO

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd bet money she was on the phone. If you look closely when she gets out of the car she reaches up to her right ear and then that hand goes down to her left pocket. Hiding the bluetooth.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Why would she need to hide the BT, it isn't illegal to talk hands free anywhere is it? Honestly, I don't see too many elderly folks using BT either. lol I can see why you think that tho in the video TLSer.

I think she just plain old fvcked up, old age will do that to you. Inattentive drivers existed far before the cellular phone......just my $.02

Glad the guy didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
That's why I gave up the streets too.
Dirt only now.
She was probably talking on the cell phone or texting. Why did that clueless clown in the middle lane stop dead in the road in front of him ? No turn signal, no traffic light...???
Ditto, trackdays and dirt riding for me these days. Still have my HP2 but I can hit trails practically outside my door inside of 5 mins. That I can live with. I had two accidents inside of 4 yrs where drivers simply weren't paying attention. I walked away from both relatively unscathed but it certainly made me think it is time to try something else, enjoy my biking another way.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So has anybody done any research to see how many of these sorts of accidents relate to people installing custom undertails and thus smaller tail/brake lights, etc. (Note I cannot see the video due to work restrictions, etc.)

As I ride 5 days a week to work and back I always cringe when I see a modified tail of a bike because usually you can hardly see the indicators or brake light.

Personally if I was to modify this area, as cool look as it is with a clean tail, I would install a brake light 3 time BIGGER than the standard one not smaller. We have to remember most people drive cars while asleep and once you are run over that sweet looking clean tail of your bike will look like sh!t anyway.

Just wondering?
Pete

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
So has anybody done any research to see how many of these sorts of accidents relate to people installing custom undertails and thus smaller tail/brake lights, etc. (Note I cannot see the video due to work restrictions, etc.)
What? Everyone knows it's cool to have the smallest brake lights possible and beneficial to have your license plate mounted somewhere on the swingarm for street cred. Who needs safety?:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts