Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics)

We went to Beaverun in Wampun, PA on 5/29/05. Nice track, and I didn't fall..
We were in the novice group, and they had about 4 groups of novices too. As my nerves settled down,my pace picked up a little. To me, this track didn't seem as hard as Summit Point. However, my girlfriend thought otherwise.

I found myself braking for some of the fast novices going into the curve. Then later in the evening, I hooked with the real fast novices. To my suprise, my pace was right there with them. The instructor had told us to try to get on the gas before we turn the bike down, and it seemed to be working for me. In fact, getting near the end, I was getting fast, in fact fast enough it was getting to me a little. My girlfriend felt a little spooked and she passed on the last session, so I decided to pass on the last session too. All in all a good one. Now to get ready for Summit Point in the middle of June, then we will hit VIR on the July 2nd and 3rd..

Here are some pics of my trailer, and it worked like charm too. And those Baxley Chocks holding the front end of the bikes down during transport, is nothing short of a dream!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (cehowardrc51)

i went there for my first ever trackday, with my old 954.
short track, but real fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (ccaddy)

Good deal, Cole. Looks like you gave up the street life and have become a full track devote.

As if owning a motorcycle isn't expensive enough, it's why I am afraid of the track ... it becomes an addiction that can become very - very expensive as evidence by all your new equipment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (Heist)

I think you're, ahh.. I mean your trailer is sexy

Count your blessings that ya got a girl that not only rides, she freaking rides on the track!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when that track bug bites, it bites frikking hard! don't it CE?

it ain't over either.....plastics, warmers, DOT tires, lap timers, go-fast bits everywhere.....oooohheee...welcome to the club.
took you long enough

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Remember me bitching to you months ago about taking the fast riding off the street and to the track? And you complaining about not having trackday money? Now look at ya! Trailer, trackdays up the ying, GOOD JOB! Addicting ain't it? Safer than the street too, and you can go as fast as you want. Hope to meet you at Summit. I will be there on the 11th of June. Ride safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (Mike0251)

LOL That's funny how it works out right!!! He's hooked now!!!!

Good job Coleman! Glad you had fun. I will be At Summit on June 12th (Eppy is riding). Just spectating and helping. I have hung up the leather's for this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Sweet trailer Coleman. Now I know why you haven't bought another RC51, its because you dropped a couple of bills on the new trailer. Sweet! Anyway, glad to hear you did good up at the Beav. Are you going to be at Summit Point Jefferson Course on the 11th of June?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (glockem45)

Yeah, the old man was hot Sunday...back to his old self. I was really happy for him, but was having a bad day myself. It seemed to me that Beaver was a more technical track that what I had previously been on.

Coleman really had his game on...he kept telling me he was right on my wheel and having to brake for me. He did everything he was supposed to do, stayed on the throttle, did some late braking. I think he finally got over his heeby jeebies :) I was so proud of him

We don't have the photos from the photographer but here's one of him going into T3 (edit)

Now for my report

Coming out of the pit and going straight into a turn was difficult for me. Summit & VIR give you a little distance to enter the turns but not here. The track was dirty from all the rain on Saturday, so that kept my mind a little occupied and not focused where it should have been. It was hard for me to determine the line on this track and I think I found every ripple there was. T7 is a blind right hand turn; you gotta keep on the throttle and turn before you see the turn and just know that you're not going to run out of track. It really got me for about two sessions cuz I just couldn't see the track and couldn't figure out where to look. T10 is a tight 180 degree turn and if you're not in the right line you'll find serious ripples (plus dirt/muck from the rain). The front straight is shorter than at Summit or VIR and has a blind braking zone coming into T1. Being a track newbie, I'm finding all my lazy riding skills I developed on the street, hindering me on the track. I'm having problems downshifting/braking and it was very apparent on this turn. T10 really put a hurting on me and showed me how poor my body postioning is. I did a little toe dragging on this turn and then another time ran wide, made a poor choice of getting on the throttle a little more and felt my rear tire coming out from under me. Kept saying to myself "GRIP Phucker, GRIP!!!" I kept on the throttle, but felt the front starting to skip out too. I just knew I was about to highside. Finally everything started to grip and I came out of that turn, but was hard for me to stay on the throttle like I needed to. I got frustrated, tired, and getting spooked more than I liked and decided to sit out like Coleman said earlier. He was doing so good, he should have gone out even if it was a posing lap :~)

On another note, we ran this TD with SportBike Track Time. WOW!!! They are super professional all around. We ran Novice and had the BEST CR. His name is Justin, on an Aprilia(I think), out of Detroit. He has "stickboy" on the back of his leathers. I can only speak for the Novice group, but all the CRs gave each rider personal instruction. Novice was broke down into smaller groups with about 4 riders per CR. I would almost say I learned as much from this guy as I did at Cornerspeed. We were so impressed we've decided to run several more days with STT just for this reason alone (plus I get a discount since I'm a female...$85 per TD). We'll have to go back to Beaver just so I can lick that track and get over my heebie jeebies.

Modified by DirtyRed at 4:02 PM 5/31/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (Heist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Heist »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good deal, Cole. Looks like you gave up the street life and have become a full track devote.

As if owning a motorcycle isn't expensive enough, it's why I am afraid of the track ... it becomes an addiction that can become very - very expensive as evidence by all your new equipment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reggie, you called it, the chit is getting ridiculous!! But, it is all good.
I am not giving up the street!! But, it seems like my gear, and all my pennies are going at the track. Trying to see if I can get senior citizen discount too!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when that track bug bites, it bites frikking hard! don't it CE?

it ain't over either.....plastics, warmers, DOT tires, lap timers, go-fast bits everywhere.....oooohheee...welcome to the club.
took you long enough
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You called it too!! Got a new suit coming, going to be working on a shock, and fork rebuild. Dam, I am going to owe my soul to the company store!!

But, I love it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (Mike0251)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike0251 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Remember me bitching to you months ago about taking the fast riding off the street and to the track? And you complaining about not having trackday money? Now look at ya! Trailer, trackdays up the ying, GOOD JOB! Addicting ain't it? Safer than the street too, and you can go as fast as you want. Hope to meet you at Summit. I will be there on the 11th of June. Ride safe.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Should see you at Summit..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (PushHands)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PushHands »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you're, ahh.. I mean your trailer is sexy

Count your blessings that ya got a girl that not only rides, she freaking rides on the track!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Going to get it painted in the rear..

Yeah, I know she is sexy,
and she is faster than me too!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (superbike2001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superbike2001 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL That's funny how it works out right!!! He's hooked now!!!!

Good job Coleman! Glad you had fun. I will be At Summit on June 12th (Eppy is riding). Just spectating and helping. I have hung up the leather's for this year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi Todd, hope the healing is coming along swiftly.

I should be there both days,but only riding one. I will be "pit stud" for Mary on one of those days!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: My Trailer and 3 trackday.(big pics) (glockem45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by glockem45 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet trailer Coleman. Now I know why you haven't bought another RC51, its because you dropped a couple of bills on the new trailer. Sweet! Anyway, glad to hear you did good up at the Beav. Are you going to be at Summit Point Jefferson Course on the 11th of June?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey DirtyRed,

Sorry to hear about your not so good trackday. I did my first trackday at Beaver Run with Teampromotion late last year and they are a class A riding school.
Anywho just take your time, everything will come together when you least expected. Sounds to me like you are too worry about the surface on the track and you are not looking ahead.
For my first 2 to 3 trackdays I had a difficult time looking ahead. Just take your time and next thing you know you'll be dragging your knee all over the place and loving it!!

my 2 cents

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by glockem45 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet trailer Coleman. Now I know why you haven't bought another RC51, its because you dropped a couple of bills on the new trailer. Sweet! Anyway, glad to hear you did good up at the Beav. Are you going to be at Summit Point Jefferson Course on the 11th of June?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehowardrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, our upcoming track schedule is something like this:

13 June - Summit Main (STT)
30 June - Summit Main (Loudoun MotorSports)
2-3 July - VIR South (STT) Two days for me is equal to one for Coleman...so he's gonna pit for me one day

Of course, I guess Coleman can do more than that if he wants...he's too cool about now

Modified by DirtyRed at 3:37 PM 5/31/2005

1 - 20 of 43 Posts