Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks good, wish they still made the other version. This style kinda looks like the OEM Kawasaki rims

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put the Original Seat on it

The other seat comes in handy riding everyday, bit of extra padding :clapper

So here are some shots with the original seat and the new wheels - think I am happy as it is now, Clear coat Spray paint & all colour matched, PC3USB, Flapper mod, Akrapovic exhaust, Carrozzeria Tri-R wheels, Speedo Healer & 15F & 40R sprockets.....

Until I think of something else...... :D

Cheers

Ash

Attachments

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
looks great, i have the gold vtrack on my sp2 and i love them. its incredible how much lighter they are than stock, i cant even immagine how light these are.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Looks awesome! Gold wheels on many Honda's look great, but especially with the nearly all red paint scheme. Similar to my NSR in Cabin colors with the factory gold Magteks. Just looks great with these colors!

Brilliant choice!

:rockon

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I can't wait to get some lighter wheels for the RC. I have SP2 wheels now but really want a set of good aftermarket wheels.

Ash I love that euro Red Scheme. If I repaint that is what mine will look like.:rockon:rockon

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Being in the business I've seen way too many Carrozzeria wheels catastrophically fail to ever even consider buying a set. My life is worth more than saving a few hundred dollars on wheels with build tolerances so crappy they they tell their customers to use half the recommended torque specs to keep from binding the bearings against the spacers...

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Being in the business I've seen way too many Carrozzeria wheels catastrophically fail to ever even consider buying a set. My life is worth more than saving a few hundred dollars on wheels with build tolerances so crappy they they tell their customers to use half the recommended torque specs to keep from binding the bearings against the spacers...

could you post any pics of the failures?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
could you post any pics of the failures?
There were actually some posted publicly not too long ago, but the owner(s) and/or admin(s) of the forums were also retailers of Carrozzeria wheels and thus with a stake in the market, the threads along with the pics of completely disintegrated bearings were removed quickly for obvious reasons...

As an instructor at the track doing 40-50 track events a season I personally witnessed 2 direct failures of the CZ heels at the track & I have answered several phone calls over the last couple years with owners claiming to have failures or fitment issues of various sorts with them.

In comparison, I have not had one single unhappy customer with BST or Marchesini wheels nor have I heard of one. In fact the only complaint I have EVER heard about a Marchesini wheel set is that they occasionally need to have the cush drive rubbers replaced (a $60 fix).

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
There were actually some posted publicly not too long ago, but the owner(s) and/or admin(s) of the forums were also retailers of Carrozzeria wheels and thus with a stake in the market, the threads along with the pics of completely disintegrated bearings were removed quickly for obvious reasons...

As an instructor at the track doing 40-50 track events a season I personally witnessed 2 direct failures of the CZ heels at the track & I have answered several phone calls over the last couple years with owners claiming to have failures or fitment issues of various sorts with them.

In comparison, I have not had one single unhappy customer with BST or Marchesini wheels nor have I heard of one. In fact the only complaint I have EVER heard about a Marchesini wheel set is that they occasionally need to have the cush drive rubbers replaced (a $60 fix).
NOT always True Mike.. the marchi rep Liz reffered me to sent me a FREE set and paid postage for the old ones to be returned so they could identify and improve the cush rubbers :twocents ;)

Your bike is gogeous !

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Have not heard of issues with the Carros myself but these things happen...have seen a BST disintegrate on a Ducati at ThunderHill.

Check out this Marvic from a few weeks back:

USGPRU : View topic - Marvic Forged Magnesium Wheel Alert

EDIT: Someone else here on Zilla also just bought a set of these no? Desperate SP2 maybe?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts