1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peak weight = 236 1.5 years ago
Current Weight = 190 lbs this morning

I was 190 this morning when I jumped on the scale. :eek:

BMI for my height still says I'm overweight and I am below 10% bodyfat now. Something's not right. hahahahahahahhahahaha

So which one???

Tour de France Champion

Team Machine

Supersix EVO

Madone 5.5

F1

AR3 in Kawi GREEN!

Bianchi
Sempre

Infinito

Having a hard time choosing between the two

or

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Get the BMW and be done with it already...:p

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations on the weight loss Turbo. What did you not like about the Prince?
I should have made that more clear. The Prince was the last bike by Pinarello that I liked. I don't particularly care for the styling of the Dogma and their lower end models look similar to other makes other than the forks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I should have made that more clear. The Prince was the last bike by Pinarello that I liked. I don't particularly care for the styling of the Dogma and their lower end models look similar to other makes other than the forks.
I rode the Evo and liked it very much. It is very light. I found it stiff but not unforgiving. The Super Six is a bit more compliant and less expensive.

I recently test rode the BMC Team and Race machine. I prefer the european geometry of BMC's. I found the Team Machine more compliant than the Race Machine- thinner seat stays.

Wheels help with the look of the bike.I like my newly acquired Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheels. A lighter alternative is the Mavic Ksyriuym SL- 1500 Grams. The Ksyrium SR is lighter still but difficult to true.

Great choices you have. I think I would go with the BMC Impec.- great European geometry, comfortable and high cool factor.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great choices you have. I think I would go with the BMC Impec.- great European geometry, comfortable and high cool factor.
Yeah the Impec is #1 on my list. I just gotta prepare myself mentally to part with the $$$$$. It's like a ritual that I go through. lol

However, the EVO Red package is very attractively priced for what you actually get.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a custom set of wheels that I'll probably need to have redone. I had them built when I was about 220lbs with 32 spokes. Mavic CXP33 rims with DT-Swiss 240 hubs.

I think I'm going to have a new set built and use the same bomb-proof hubs.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
BMI is a bunch of BS. I am a 28 (IIRC) which puts me at borderline obese. But your body shape is what makes the difference. If you have a wide frame your BMI will be higher. My life insurance rate is more because of it.

I think it was set up as a simple way to get an idea of a person's weight, but it is woefully inadequate to actually determine anything.

·
3,888 Posts
+1

It is a very flawed system. Going by height and weight alone would mean that Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been morbidly obese in his prime...
BMI is a bunch of BS. I am a 28 (IIRC) which puts me at borderline obese. But your body shape is what makes the difference. If you have a wide frame your BMI will be higher. My life insurance rate is more because of it.

I think it was set up as a simple way to get an idea of a person's weight, but it is woefully inadequate to actually determine anything.

·
3,888 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Just buy the fukn BMW already. This is probably the 5th thread hinting at you possibly getting one. Everyone knows you want one, even blind people!;)

You bought an entry level bike, then a midlevel bike and now you want a high end bike. If you just bought a high end road bike from the beginning you would've saved 3 threads on the forum.:eek:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.