Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is going to be a sorta build thread/ progress thread for my bike.
It is a 2000 RC51 Sp1. this is my second RC51 (first was an 02) then I got off the RC and went to a 99 TL1000R. They are definitely more powerful than an RC stock for stock but their suspension blows. SO I sold my TLR before I went to school in Cali for the Army. While I was out there I bought a street 2002 CRF450R Supermoto. The thing was a street killer. I shipped it back to MN rode it a few times right before I left for Iraq then Raced it while home on Leave. When i got home(from Iraq) I bought my 2nd RC(the one here) as I knew my supermoto would not work as my primary street bike. Well I have since sold my supermoto due to lack of time to race it and the lack of desire to ride it 30 miles one way to work. so now for where I am now.
I ride my RC 30 miles one way a day plus odd around town errands. I bought it in March and had 30,000(fixed typo) miles on it(bringing it to just over 35k) before I crashed it in June. so now it is getting put back together.
some of these pics are very crap quality due to being camera phone shots, but here goes anyways.
this is my first pic ever:

pic of my bike and my 1996 Dodge Ram:

pic of my RC51 with my soon to be Ex-wife's 600RR(that I bought her :banghead)

pic of my RC51 on our MNSBR(local forum) kick off ride. I was a sweeper hence the orange shirt over my jacket.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and now for the post wreck shots. this is the only one I have of it after the crash. my Buddy Dan has a few more that when I get from him I will post up.

and now this is the pic of it going back together:
Front view of the 2005 Front end(thanks Scotty for the forks and Tom for helping me line them up for the purchase)

side view no body work(and my mess of a Garage, Hence why she is an Ex wife..)

and now pics of the bodywork and new exhaust after it was put back together.
left side:

right side:

Thanks to MrGrn for the Muffler and to whoever Else I have bought parts from(like Kurt for the Dan Kyle Clip-ons). I posted this as I normally never take enough pics of my stuff as I change things. and since I have to tear my front end off(it's binding up and won't come back up when pushed down. :banghead) I figured it would be a good weekend to repaint it. It will keep certain parts of the stock look but it will be very different. I figure I can go nuts on it since none of my Panels are anywhere near mint from my accident and all of them are zip-tied back together somewhere on each piece. Lol. and if any of you know me my stuff doesn't stay nice for long.
Let me know what you think.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
30,000 miles in four months??? I don't think I've put that many miles on anything that quickly.

looks like it's almost done now?

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no I bought it with 30k on it. And yea it is almost done but my forks have to come back apart. they are binding up pretty bad. The shop is going to take them apart and see what's up with them. I have them back off the bike now.
and yes she is almost done. I am going to paint her this weekend and I just got my rear sets that I had on order(I was riding on a cracked stock one till i got the ordered ones), and they are now on and ready to go. Pics will follow after the repaint...:rockon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts