Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet ass looking bike mrgrn. I really like the wheel and brake combo u did. I'd like to see it make a mag cover or at least get in one. Cause it deserves it and so do u.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thank you guys!

some more pics. I still have not installed the rear mini ISR caliper and hanger as i am almost done with a delrin slider deal to replace the aluminum post cover on the swingarm linkage spot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
going to resort the rear brake line too, i know. I have a new rear spindle to install when i do the rear brake deal with a custom rotor and longer drive pins to accomodate for the wider tire.

I did manage to get 1 OEM fan in with a switch so i feel a bit better then just hope it runs OK and i also have a oil cooler to add, or not as well as a electrical water pump, or not. I am going to see how hot it runs and move from there maybe i get lucky to just leave it as is:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have u ever try to weight the Rc before mod and after mod? At least we know how many kilos the Rc losing some weight...

·
Registered
460 Posts
If Honda Rsw tail could fit in and i think it will looks great..

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Have u ever try to weight the Rc before mod and after mod? At least we know how many kilos the Rc losing some weight...
I have not weighed it yet, will do soon but I am certain it is one of the lightest in the world if not the lightest only maybe thorstens was less. It started as oem so I know that weight . I am also trying to improve thinks like suspension, tire clearance, and braking

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Home the fun begins lots of work still to do

OMG she's AWESOME Mark! :)Friggin' Awesome! :cool:

WHOLEY CRAP! She does Looks TINY though, is it as small as it looks in this picture,(reply #46) or is it the paint job making her look so small to me!?

Can't wait to see Her done Mark, More pictures man & Video(s) eh! :cool:

Peace Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thank you Jeff.

It is actually smaller then the pictures believe it or not. I have done tons to remove weight while improving every aspect of the bike as well. The motor is about as wsbk spec as can be without making it a rebuild often bike

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Ok far as I can see 467 is the oem wet weight.

Tossed mine on the digital bathroom front and rear trying to balance the bike

203 front
171 rear

374 makes a pretty good savings so far.

Oh mine is with more oil due to having a hrc deep sump and damn near a full
Tank of gas too. I am hoping I can trim it down some more once I get my mini rear caliper on and maybe some more little things

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks Mav!

My attachments are full lol and I have not done any of the hosting sites yet too busy but I have hundreds of build pics.

I think I have the lightest rc30 ever built or at least so far the lightest I can find. I am sure I have a few pounds left surely 5-10 but not a lot to be had after that. My initial goal was 350 full of fuel but realistically 360 seems doable with work and honestly will be a giant achievement so no let down here.

I would like a light weight battery next though and to swap the rear caliper that will be the last decent chunk, several pounds for certain. I am going to TRY this winter to make my own carbon bodywork based off thorstens. His is ultra light, but ultra brittle and I can make mine much nicer but it will gain a couple of pounds. I want to use his frontal air scoop but move the headlight from inside the scoop to a small endurance deal and redo the scoops. Also am going to make the upper and windscreen one part not two as you can't get behind the screen anyhow now. I am going to leave the tail alone but source a different tail light, hopefully a oval LED one. I will contour out some billet and drill it and send it out to have LEDs installed I think.

I have to buy tires, they sat for so long they have cracks in them and they were brand new.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Ok got around to some mods today for a hour.

Down to 371-ish. Dropped 3+ LBS with the swap of my billet rear brake hanger and mini ISR 2 pot, lightweight rear rotor and some bolt changes!

Battery and aluminum brackets (will replace with carbon) are next on the list and I am hoping I can trim another 3-5 LBS.

Some stuff like the rear axle nut and rear wheel nut are heavy but impossible to find in TI I will have to make some but no time so it will have to wait. I have a fancy to chisel out a sprocket carrier for a polished look just not sure it saves any weight,might have to look at Ducati versions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This bike is incredible!! we are REALLY gonna need a video of this thing running.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts